Load Cell Resistance SWAG For Weight

Bob O

Can I use the resistance measurement in an un-powered compression load cell to “estimate” the load on it?
I have four that are physically installed and each measure ~2.1kΩ. On the bench according to the data sheet they should read 7.5kΩ +/- 400 and are rated for 7.5kLbs each. So, can I “estimate” that the current load is ~21.6kLbs?

The cells are KM load disk II.

Thanks,

Similar Topics

Hi, I have analog load cell 0-10V feeding into 1771 Analog Input card. I scaled it simply 0-20,000 <=> 0-4096 counts <=> 0-10V for multiplier...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, I’m limited with a skilled maintenance staff to design and build Load Cell , Rollers , etc. for conveyor sections . Do...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , Does Rockwell Automation have an Input Card , maybe in the 1734 series , or CompactLogix series that will receive signals...
Replies
Views
Can someone recommend an Intrinsically safe barrier that can be used with an "ANALOG" load cell on a weigh scale? Load Cell is rated to be in a...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have two bags of two different types of peanuts hanging on a load cell above two separate feeders. I am using Studio 5000 and would...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom