Location of Anybus-X Gateway on a Profibus Network

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I'm retrofitting an Anybus-X Gateway as a Profibus Master on an existing Profibus segment. I'm wondering if this needs to be the last device in the chain (with the Terminating Resistor ON) or if I can put this Gateway in the middle of the daisy-chain (with the Terminating Resistor OFF).

I was not sure if PB Masters expect to be the last device.

Thanks

Great - Yes the master node address will match, just wasn't sure about the physical placement as I have not worked with a lot of Profibus networks before. I've always seen the Master (on PB and other impedance based networks) at the end of the daisy-chain hence the confusion.

Thank you

Similar Topics

I have a c-more micro with a three digit input box on one of the screens. This is being written to a memory location in a DL05. I don't have the...
Replies
Views
Hi All What I understood from various manuals (e.g. rm094 & um543) is that you have the freedom to allocate any module to any slot. I understand...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an automatic conveyor line and had a company install it at the start of this year. There were unable to set up a dual controller...
Replies
Views
I recently changed to a new laptop and still have access to the old files. Does anybody know the location of the file that stores the configured...
Replies
Views
Hello I am doing some research on plc memory allocation, including RAM, EEPROM, volatile and non-volatile variables etc. I would like to keep my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom