Logix Designer

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
How do I organize the template for my controls. I am new to Logix Designer but have used RS500 and RS5000.
My new Logix Designer has Toolbars overlapped that I cant seem to straighten out or enlarge.
example when I select a (bit) all of the symbols are behind the tab, if I hover next to the line I can see which one but it is
not right. Thanks

Attachments

• Logix.pdf
    314.2 KB · Views: 18
This is an issue that appears on devices with high resolution displays. You can try the following:
  1. Locate the folder containing the LogixDesigner.exe file. For example, for version 33 it would be here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v33\Bin
  2. Locate the LogixDesigner.exe file. Be aware there are also files called "LogixDesigner.exe.config" and "LogixDesigner.exe.Local". They are both very small files were the file we want is a much larger file size. Ignore those other files.

1713274015034.png

3. Right-click on LogixDesigner.exe and select Properties.
  4. Click on the Compatibility tab and then click on the Change high DPI settings button

1713274177238.png

5. Check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior
  6. Select System (Enhanced)

1713274741367.png

7. Click OK to close each of the open windows
  8. Launch Logix Designer and you should hopefully see the icons appear normally.
OG

I get all the way to Logic Designer . Exe and right click for properties but dont have a compatibility tab.

Attachments

• properties.pdf
    221.1 KB · Views: 6
I got it, I needed the properties for "Logic Designer" not the "Logic Designer .exe"
I had to change every version but it looks good. Thanks I would have never found it.

Your computer/Windows is configured to hide known file extensions. The file is actually LogixDesigner.exe, but Windows is hiding the .exe part. So you simply see "LogixDesigner".

Likewise the XML file is not showing XML extension, so "LogixDesigner.exe.config" becomes "LogixDesigner.exe". One of the first things I do on any Windows machine is to tell it to stop hiding file extensions.

1713287712630.png

OG

Appreciate the help and I see that is the file you highlighted, What a different look
on the page,

Attachments

• new view.pdf
    348.6 KB · Views: 5