LS Electric (LG) Master K 200H PLC HMI communication

Brad-schulz

I haven't had anything to do with LG PLCs before, a customer asked to install a HMI on it to display statuses etc. I looked up and seen Schneider Pro face communicates with LS electric. I ordered the HMI and discovered I could get them to communicate. They do with all the newer models (master K S series). This is an older model, I believe H series. The PLC processor is a K3P-04H. The Pro face I have is a GP4601-T.

I have been in touch with LS electric, and they can't provide me with any documentation on this PLC. I have been in touch with Schneider and they would look into it if I had the documentation.

The PLC has a DB9 rs232 port on the CPU and I can upload and download, but the comms is not configurable. From my PC to CPU it works fine, but can't get the HMI to communicate. The cable from the PC to the CPU is a null modem 232 cable.

If anyone can't find a manual or documentation on this old PLC it would be great. The customer is not keen on a PLC upgrade and I would love to install the HMI as originally planned.

The comms settings from my PC to the CPU is 9600, 8, None , 1 None. When I do the same on the HMI still no good. I haven't tried other drivers on the HMI software yet and just kept trying with the master K series driver.

I have used Pro face HMI many times with other brands and worked well, I overlooked the "S" in the part number for compatibility.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Hello,

We have a Master-K driver. You can download the trial version here and check for communication.

If you need help, contact support.

The comms settings from my PC to the CPU is 9600, 8, None , 1 None. When I do the same on the HMI still no good. I haven't tried other drivers on the HMI software yet and just kept trying with the master K series driver.

Those are the basic Windows settings for the COM port. Rarely does any program use that baud, but it is possible.

RSLinx for Rockwell PLC's can go from 1200 to 38,200 baud and the COM port setting will always show 9600.