Machine Edition update existing custom variables by import

Ozpeter

I am using PME 9.5 but I believe that what I want to do relates to earlier version of PME.

I have an existing ME project in which I want to update the properties for about 3000 variables (out of about 24,000 total). So I export the variable list to a CSV file, cull out the variables I don't want to change, and then for the remainder I update the values of some properties and save to a new CSV file

I then import the new CSV file and during the import process I indicate that I want to identify conflicts by variable name (as some of the variables I want to change are symbolic), and that I want to overwrite the existing variables.

The works well for individual global and local variables. But I have many variables that that are custom data types EG BaseName.Property, where BaseName is a variable of a custom data type. The import process always seems to reject these variable types.

Does anyone know how to import variables of a custom data type in order to overwrite exiting variable properties?

Found the solution! When importing variables that are a part of a custom data type, you also have to import the base name of that custom variable - which has a link back to the custom data type. ME isn't smart enough to make this connection by itself.