man my head hurts

I recommend you forget trying to do this with ASCII instructions and spend the money for a BASIC module (or similar). The engineering time you waste trying to get this to work with ASCII instructions coupled to the trouble-shooting time the next time you have a problem 6 months down the road added to the cost of dying your hair (or what's left of it) back to it's original color will more than offset the cost of the module.

Cheers,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Last edited:
I have recommended this module before. Prosoft MVI46-GSC.
I using it to communicate with a custom built device.
I use RS-232. But the module can be configured for RS-485.
I send out and read strings of data (using PLC logic)
Setup is fairly easy and Configuration is thought the PLC. The example program provided drops in and works.

With the BASIC module you need separate program using the Basic language.

I replaced the Basic Module with a MVI46-GSC. I made my life much easier.

Has any one out there used this ProSoft module MVI46-GSC????

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/download/690/6414/version/4/file/MVI46_GSC_Datasheet.pdf

With the BASIC module you need separate program using the Basic language.
Yes, so it is not so great of an advantage.

I replaced the Basic Module with a MVI46-GSC. I made my life much easier. Has any one out there used this ProSoft module MVI46-GSC????
It looks like it would solve a bunch of problems for Allen Bradley.