Mapping and remapping in ladder

plcnovel

Hi All
I have attached a a few sample rungs as a word attachment with this post just to illustrate you my point of view. In the middle rung (rung 3 ) i have a bit address B3:0/13 which is R/W. it is the bit address for controlling remote or local control. I need to map this address for two seperate addresses (Lets say N30:0/2 for read purpose and N31:0/2 for writing purpose). Lets see the scenario, if some PLC from a remote end msg my plc to read the address B3:0/13, the remote plc uses N30:0/2 for this purpose. I will use XIC and OTE instruction right after rung 3 (in between rung 3 or 4) to copy the state of B3:0/13 to N30:0/2). After reading this value, lets say the remote plc will write some thing else on it through N31:0/2. In this case i should use XIC and OTE instruction just before the rung 3(in between rung 2 and 3). My question is, would the logic be fine?

I will appreciate your time and effore in this regard, thanks very much in advance.

Regards

For reading:

What is the "concept" that you are trying to develop?

You apparently have two separate PLCs... and it seems that you want to be able to control the Mode of Control, Local or Remote, by pushing a button associated with either PLC. Is this so?

Could it be, for example, that PLC-A is Local, and PLC-B is Remote?

Do you then expect...

If the system is in Local, then, at PLC-A, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Remote?

If the system is in Remote, then, at PLC-A, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Local?

If the system is in Local, then, at PLC-B, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Remote?

If the system is in Remote, then, at PLC-B, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Local?

Is this what you are looking for?

What is the method of communication between the two PLCs?

Terry Woods said:
What is the "concept" that you are trying to develop?

You apparently have two separate PLCs... and it seems that you want to be able to control the Mode of Control, Local or Remote, by pushing a button associated with either PLC. Is this so?

Could it be, for example, that PLC-A is Local, and PLC-B is Remote?

Do you then expect...

If the system is in Local, then, at PLC-A, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Remote?

If the system is in Remote, then, at PLC-A, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Local?

If the system is in Local, then, at PLC-B, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Remote?

If the system is in Remote, then, at PLC-B, you press the Local/Remote button, do you expect the system to go to Local?

Is this what you are looking for?

What is the method of communication between the two PLCs?

Hi Terry
yes, this is what i am looking for, i have two plcs, plc-A(Local with Panel View 1000 HMI mounted on the panel) and plc-B (a remote plc). Under normal run, HMI associated with local plc is controlling the concept, but as soon as some one press a local/remot button on the HMI or Remote bit is set, the control will pass to remote plc-B and they communicate over DH+ with each other. In this mode, remote plc-B is msging back and forth to one of the two files (Read file, N30, and Write file N31) in the local plc-A. And these are files i talked abt and which i need to map in and out to control the process(pids, SP, Outputs etc). I hope that helps further to understanding my point of view.