Melsoft series GX Developer Software Help for Dummies

DixieM

Hi all. This is my first post (obviously). I have just read the “Senior Rudeness” thread and I can assure you that I have hunted for this most simple of questions until my eyes bled. It's getting embarrassing now and my frustration levels are registering on the Richter-scale... I have more PDF manuals on this evil software than you can shake a dead cat at...

I have the Melsoft series GX Developer Software (for the Mitsubishi PLC’s, I think). All I am trying to do, is to program a simple timer.
I know.
I'm blushing as I type this, but I'm really at wits-end...

I understand the functions of a Timer, but for the life of me, I cannot get the syntax right.

I am attempting (aaaargggh!!!) to insert an Output (F7), called T1 (as per a million examples in my PDF documents), but this Satan-spawn of a software have no idea what I'm trying to do. The timer obviously needs set values. Where these values are entered, Thor only knows.

If I can just crack one timer, then the counters should be a doodle.

If someone could just point me in the general direction of practical programming examples, I would be in orgasmic ecstasy, but please, not another PDF file issued by Mitsubishi - I shall virtually slit my imaginary wrists...

K10
the timer is entered as an output coil ----(T1)-
The 'K10' being the time base.

the time bases are:-
T0 to T199 are 100mS time base
T200 to T245 are 10mS time base
T246 to T249 are 1mS time base retentive timers (battery backed)
T250 to T255 are 100mS time base retentive timers (battery backed)
T256 to T511 are 1mS time base

Note that these are for the FX range of PLC's

Steve

K10
the timer is entered as an output coil ----(T1)-
Thank you for your quick reply, Steve. I got all that from my gaggle of manuals that I have collected (and read). It's the syntax that stumps me.

The 'K10' being the time base.
I have deduced as much. I have no idea where to either:
- Define the Time Base or
- Enter the Time Base

Note that these are for the FX range of PLC's
Lol, I don't even have a PLC yet, just trying to figure out how to use a Timer in my Ladder Diagram.

Nice to meet you.

Michelle

PS, I love the BS baffles Brains tag at the end of your posts :)

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If the purpose is to practice PLC programming, it might also be interesting to check out CoDeSys from 3s-software. It is IEC 61131 compliant, is free and has visu and simulation built-in.

Just my 2 Norwegian crowns.

Kalle

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If the purpose is to practice PLC programming, it might also be interesting to check out CoDeSys from 3s-software. It is IEC 61131 compliant, is free and has visu and simulation built-in.

Just my 2 Norwegian crowns.

Kalle

Hey Kalle, thank you for the input, but I must master this beast in its current form (Melsoft series GX Developer Software).

If I could have had it any other way, I would have jumped ship in a few nano-seconds.

I just need a few practical Ladder programming examples, and I will wing the rest...

Michelle

The syntax of mitsi timers seems to catch many out.

A timer is done like this -----(T0 K10)-|

(a space between T0 & K10)

You can then use as many 'contacts' N/C or N/O of T0 as you like

The K10 is just a decimal constant and in this case is equal to 1 second. Counters are the same ----(C0 K50)-|

The syntax of mitsi timers seems to catch many out.

A timer is done like this -----(T0 K10)-|

(a space between T0 & K10)

You can then use as many 'contacts' N/C or N/O of T0 as you like

The K10 is just a decimal constant and in this case is equal to 1 second. Counters are the same ----(C0 K50)-|

OMG!!! Thank you so much! It works. I can feel the tears of relief welling up as I am typing this. You have just short-circuited days of frustration into a blinding singularity.

Again, I am forever grateful...

Love

Michelle

At the risk of sounding ungrateful (or greedy) can someone point me to a list of syntaxes (as per Goody's example) of the different Outputs/Coils?

I'm giddy with excitement, and would love to capitalise on this wonderful feeling :)

As a conclusion to this thread (if someone, that find themselves in the same boat as me, stumbles across this), there is a training App from Mitsubishi that will help you a great deal:

Google Mitsubishi FX - Series PLC Trainer

Hopefully it can assist someone, someday...

Edit:
Thank you Goody - I was not aware that it was pay software; it's written for W98/NT, back in the day...

Last edited:
As another conclusion, I havn't downloaded that software but I am sure you have to pay for it.
Links to pirated software on here is absolutely not allowed.

Amend your post very quickly please.

codesys is free of charge, and yes you will have to pay to get it into a real PLC. But simulation is very good.
go for it at the official site of 3s-software.com
lots of other manufacturers like siemens, beckhoff, wago etc use this software.

I understand the functions of a Timer, but for the life of me, I cannot get the syntax right.

I am attempting (aaaargggh!!!) to insert an Output (F7), called T1 (as per a million examples in my PDF documents), but this Satan-spawn of a software have no idea what I'm trying to do. The timer obviously needs set values. Where these values are entered, Thor only knows.

If I can just crack one timer, then the counters should be a doodle.

If someone could just point me in the general direction of practical programming examples, I would be in orgasmic ecstasy, but please, not another PDF file issued by Mitsubishi - I shall virtually slit my imaginary wrists...

the whole point of this forum is to assist those who need it.

I have asked how to program a Siemens PID - had the answer in 1 hour.

Also did not understand the Siemens Timer syntax

There is always something to learn.

the "Rude Seniors" post is full of it.

you are trying - that is all that is important(y)