MER File Size?

garbagegasman

I have created a new runtime file for our plant that will essentially serve as a backup of the functions that can currently only be accessed via the overview HMI. The problem I'm running into is that the file size is rather large and keeps growing with every change, even when I deleted unused parts of the tag library. Is there something that would keep growing the file whenever I recreate it, like memory that needs cleared or something? The entire program only has 7 total pages but is almost 3500 KB in size.

If you just "remove" files from in Studio - but don't delete the actual files this can cause the program to grow.

Look in C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects

(or if using a legacy non-supported OS it might be C:\Documents and Settings\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects)

Here you can open the HMI server that you are working with and see all of the raw files and what is taking up space. If you look at the properties for the folders and look around there for sizes you should be able to see what's taking up the most space.