MGD flow to MGD Totalizer . Why did I use Gain?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Logix V20
Using FBD I have a totalizer that takes a MGD flow rate and outputs a running MGD that gets reset at midnight.
Time base is set at 1 (Seconds)

Inside this is a Gain of .000694444.
Why would I put a gain in there if I am totalizing the same units?

My belief is that I didn't know about Timebase 3 (Days) when I built it, (since it isn't in the help file), and I came up with that factor to compensate for the time base.

I built a new one to test my theory but i wont be able to compare till tomorrow. In the mean time, Does that gain factor look familiar to anyone?

Inside this is a Gain of .000694444.
Why would I put a gain in there if I am totalizing the same units?

My belief is that I didn't know about Timebase 3 (Days) when I built it, (since it isn't in the help file), and I came up with that factor to compensate for the time base.
Maybe this equation has sense for you:
Code:
------- = .000694444
24 * 60