Micro 820 relay outputs

dramill

Hi, I'm working in the mechatronics dept of a Junior college, we recently got some new, micro 820's they are: 2080-LC20-20AWB.
Can these run a mechanical relay? the docs I've been staring at for days seem to say only "relay outs on X terminals" which is fine but all these outputs seem to put out only a single digital pulse (visible on scope). Can this unit do a voltage out of any kind?
These were purchased because of the software environment mainly, but on an SLC 200 or 500 output was output (mostly). Are we missing calls in the new software or is this a hardware problem? The SLC's simply worked if you could achieve communication. Send Help! This must be a simple oversight on our part right?

It would probably be a good idea to zip and attach the files to a post so others can offer a suggestion. At 1st glance, it would appear that you are using the wrong type instruction for the output.

excellent suggestion, I'll do it now, at this point I have so little faith in the documentation I was not holding much hope. The security on these computers may not allow that to happen until I get home.
Thanks for the reply

what would be helpful is for you to post what you are actually doing in terms of PLC logic and also how you are wiring these outputs.

Generally when you set a digital output, it stays energised until you turn it off by logic, so not sure why you are seeing a pulse, unless you switch it off in logic.