micrologix 1000 and quickpanel QPK2D100S2P-E

bigbear

hi to everybody.
Some time ago, i bought a stock box with a lot spare part of al old factory. I found a micrologix 1000 PLC (10 IN, 6 OUT) and a quickpanel QPK2D100S2P- E brand new. Now i find a customer that ask me to make very simple application and i think that system is ok for my necessity. The question is, wich way i have to follow to make a comunication between PLC and HMI ? And, is it possible connect at the same time, PLC,HMI and my laptop?
I don't konw very well AB system, because in italy usualy they use a siemens.

thank you, good bye
Max.
P.S. Sorry for my english

I'm not sure how much money you want to spend but it can be done with some ethernet devices, but, unless you have to have all three devices online at the same time I wouldn't spend the money for them. For normal operating you should be able to connect the quickpanel directly to the Microligix with the RS232 programming port. When you need to program either the PLC or HMI you would have to be offline to do that. You will have to have the proper Allen Bradley drivers in the QuickPanel programming software while programming the QuickPanel.

Last edited:
jrwb4gbm said:
I'm not sure how much money you want to spend but it can be done with some ethernet devices, but, unless you have to have all three devices online at the same time I wouldn't spend the money for them. For normal operating you should be able to connect the quickpanel directly to the Microligix with the RS232 programming port. When you need to program either the PLC or HMI you would have to be offline to do that. You will have to have the proper Allen Bradley drivers in the QuickPanel programming software while programming the QuickPanel.

ok, thank you for your answer...
I understand what you mean. To connect the Quickpanel devices to micrologix, it's enough a simple RS232 cable?, Or i need a cable with some electronics? ( for example a converter from Rs232 to TTL, i found something abotu it on quickpanel manual ). And do you have the code for that cable? The price is not my problem, i ask to my customer....

thank you

My Total Control catalog lists the Quickpanel to Micrologix cable as part number HMI-CAB-C106. Hope this helps.

edit: Looks like we posted simultaneously. Great minds thinking alike and all...

Last edited:
Last edited: