Micrologix 1000

Still no luck! I've tried all your suggestions, including changing the driver. I'm using a "real live" serial port that appears to be working properly, and nothing else in the computers' set-up is using it. The processor type I mentioned earlier was found in RSLogix, and it is the only choice available. The RSLogix 500 starter software for 10pt Micrologix 1000 and RSLinx Lite software that I downloaded from the Rockwell software site was that recommended for the Micorlogix 1000 10pt. What is the latest series for Micrologix 1000, and does it work with the currently available freeware?

Panic Mode's suggestion is a good one. You can try that to verify the comm port.

You can also do this to make sure you have no conflicts. Make sure no other programs launch and that your start bar is clear and all that garbage that is on most peoples system tray is gone too. Remove any modems in the system.

Boot to bios. Disable any other comm ports and parallel ports besides the one your using (or any built in modems). Veryify during the POST on the system that there is only one active comm port. Once you have done that, goto the system manager for windows and verify that only 1 comm port is listed there. Now you should know for sure if the port is right. Start Linx, and delete the configureation. Start again, and use the autoconfig.

Still no luck. I must be missing something. These are the driver configurations that are set up in RSLinx:
Comm Port: COM1
Device: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView
Baud Rate: 9600
Station Number: 0
Parity: None
Error Checking: CRC
Stop Bits: 1
Protocol: Full Duplex

In RSLogix, in System Communications, the settings are:
Driver: AB_DF1-1
Route: local
Processor Node: 1
Last Configured: AB_DF1-1 Node 1d local
DTL32.DLL ver 2.42.18.0
WDRV32.LIB ver 2.20.118.01
Comms Path: (blank)

these settings are identical to the ones I'm using with a working connection to a micrologix 1000 with the same cable

you can go to driver diagnostics it should report packets sent/recieved and display if you have a port conflict Ive seen rslinx cause port conflicts within its own software and had to remove all drivers then create a new connection

Last edited:
this is a long shot but I'd try it anyway ...

delete the DF1 driver ... add a new 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver ... keep the default settings and see if RSLinx can see the processor ... (note: there is no autoconfigure button for this one) ... if it works we'll explain why ... if it doesn't work, just delete it and go back to the DF1 driver ...

Hi Derek

In the program you are trying to go on line with on the left side of your screen you will see Controller properties. Double click this then click Controller communications and select your driver for this project. This may help

Good Luck

Ron beat me to the 'delete' of the DF1 driver. I've had to delete it, shut down linx and restart. Go through the add a driver stage and try it again. Good luck.

Waggs

Due to economic conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

The first time I used the Micrologix 1000 I had trouble connecting with it as well.

I would delete all the drivers you have installed.
Add the RS-232 DF1 devices driver.
Click Configure.
Then select Auto-Configure.

(If I remember right if you just install the driver it sets the baud rate to 9600 which is incorrect)

But from the settings you posted, I think your baud rate is off, the baud rate I ended up using was 19200.

Good Luck,
Pat

Thanks-you to everyone who responded. Your advice was most helpful. It turns out that there were two issues. The first was that I was launching RSLinx with "Always run as service" selected. Secondly, I took my Micrologix to my local Allen Bradley dealer for troubleshooting and found-out that there is something faulty with the processor itself! So, I am now waiting for a replacement. Thanx again for all the advice.