micrologix1400 lost comm with HMI after short circuit

Jesustrd

trying to force an input to test a machine input was already with 24vdc and jumpered it to 0v, and shorted out joined 24vdc positive and 0v common it caused to PLC faulted and HMI no response from PLC what can be the problem. Thanks in advance for your help. Jesus

Yes, it probably lost its program. Even if it’s only faulted you’re going to have to get into it with RSLogix 500.

Ok so now you have 2 options. And it's good you have the backup of the logic, as long as it is the most recent version.
1. Buy software and license, cables, etc and do it it yourself.
Pro's: - you will learn how.
- easily make your own changes
Con's: - cost up front
-inexperience could lead to more problems
2. Hire it out to local professional.
Pro's: - job is done quickly & fix immediate problems
-don't have to buy full software
Con's: - every change requires call to contractor
- no learning

So basically it's all about what you need. If you don't expect to need the software very often farm it put to a contractor. If you will get use out of the software it may be the better route. Of course some places do both depending on project sizes as well.