Micrologix1400 & PV800

Abdul03

Hi Friends,

I have been away from PLC systems for a while and was more in to BMS. However, recently I started working on a new project where we have a Micrologix1400 PLC and Panelview800 HMI. I would like to seek an advise on what softwares I will have to procure in order for a system to complete testing and commissioning.

For PLC programming I have gone with RSLlogix500 developer edition and connected components workbench for HMI.

With respect to RsLinx classic I have a little concern, there are four versions,
1) RSLinx Classic Lite
2) Rslinx Classic single node
3) RSLinx Classic OEM
4) RSLinx Classic Gateway

I am unable to figure out the right one, need your expert advise.

I appreciate your support!

I am presuming you are talking about RSLogix Micro Developer. That works on any of the MicroLogix controllers, but not SLC500. RSLogix 500 is a few thousand dollars if you need to work with the SLC500.

For the PLC, RSLogix Micro (U.S. $200-ish) would be sufficient. I don't use any of the extra stuff from the developer ($700-ish) version. CCW is what you need for the HMI. If you get into programming the Micro 800 controllers, you might consider CCW developer at that time. The paid developer version of CCW won't give you anything extra for the PanelView.

RSLinx is the communication software to get RSLogix or CCW to connect to the device. It will be installed when you install RS Logix or CCW. Without a license, it will run as Classic Lite. You won't need a RSLinx license for anything you're doing here.

Last edited: