Micromotion IFT9703 to PLC input

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking over this micromotion meter pulse output to PLC input
I think i need a 1756-IV16 input.

ift9703.JPG

Has anyone else wired this meter to a contrologix input card?

Thanks

Ian

cntrlfrk said:
We use the 2700 series transmitters, but for the frequency (pulse) signal, we run through a convertor to get a scaled 4-20mA signal so we don't need a special card in the rack.

http://www.weidmuller.com/downloads/pdfs/ca_applNotes/SIP15_G478_Ultra_SlimPak.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

But I am using the meter for batching, so I have to configure the meter to give me 1 pulse per 0.1 lbs.

Are you in Lincoln ? Sure loved working there and spending nights on 'O' street

Ian

Are you in Lincoln ?

Nope, about 100 miles North.

Went to the 'U' there though, spent many a night on O St. myself.
Still do when I can make it down for a game. 🍻

Another option, if you are communications savvy, is to pull the data out via comm. I'm not sure what model flow tube you have, but standard between the transmitter and tube core processor is 4 wire, two for power, two for RS485. I've also done this and eliminated the transmitter entirely.

cntrlfrk said:
Nope, about 100 miles North.

Went to the 'U' there though, spent many a night on O St. myself.
Still do when I can make it down for a game. 🍻

Another option, if you are communications savvy, is to pull the data out via comm. I'm not sure what model flow tube you have, but standard between the transmitter and tube core processor is 4 wire, two for power, two for RS485. I've also done this and eliminated the transmitter entirely.

My application is a batching system. I have used micromotion meters before, with another transmitter, in a Softlogix system utilizing SLC RIO racks. I believe I had to use a 1746-IV16 input module, and scale down the pulses from the micromotion meter to 1 pulse / 0.1 lb.

My current application is a Compactlogix with a 1769-IQ16F, which source or sink.

Thanks for the invite, it will be awhile before I am back down there. It was always amazing how quite the downtown core became any time a Huskers game wuz in session.

Tips...

Just beaware that the 9703 has a PASSIVE open-collector ouput. I wire and use them with evey A-B platform. Just wire your DC power source (10-30vdc) to the + input of the 9703 and the negative will give you a pulse/per engeneering unit out of the - terminal. Reverse these instructios for NPN sourcing input modules. Of course, this assusmes you've configured the 9703 output accordingly...

I have dozens of micro motions wired to 1771-CFM cards on a PLC-5 system. Works fine except it takes much more time to program than I feel it should. On my latest CLX project we simply used the 4-20 output and wired it to an analog input card. The flowrate signal is then connected to a totalizer function block in the CLX program.