Mitsubishi - Gx developer question.

Zimmer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Found a Mitsubishi Fx-30MR-ES plc and a new programming lead and the Gx developer software in a box, I think none of it ever used.
My question is for a beginner about to self learn plc's is this a good place to start or would he be better off starting with AB or Siemens.
In other words is GxDeveloper/Mitsubishi obsolete or still widely used ?

Hello,

I actually started learning using a similar setup. GX Developer is still widely used, but GX Works2 is the most current software. I found Mitsubishi to be a little easier to understand at first than AB. After getting the idea with the mitsubishi stuff the AB became easier to understand.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Dave

The key thing is to develop solid programming techniques, these can then be ported to different brands - software will come and go.

Learning any PLC will stand you in good stead and mitsubishi is one of the simpler of the bunch.