Mitsubishi PLC

I agree about convesion. It is the best to rewrite the whole thing.
It's real pain to go through other people programs specially if you
are not very familiar with the platform or instruction set (and any pitfalls).
talking about hijack... funny video

Mike, I've been in your situation several times and it is the best option of swapping out that old plc for a new one. The times I've tried to do the customer a favor by trying to save the equipment ended up biting me in the a$$. Once you touch that machine, it AND any new problems belong to you.

Its taken a long time, but I've finally learned to "no quote" changes to old equipment and offer the new supportable stuff. It usually works out well then.

yup, i think i'm going to have to get down and dirty with the machine and find out how it ticks (don't know if it's supposed to make that noise?)

i've done this before in the past, it's a case of deciding which is easier, new code from scratch or decode and recode.

the problem with this F1 job and the S5/S7 i began looking at aeons ago is that both options inspire terror and can lead to fits of depression and/or profanity.

on the upside - anyone looking for a F1 programming manual will be able to get ours on ebay after i'm finished with it!

Life Jacket

We have links to all manuals and software,cables or anything you require. www.*************.com If you need any help drop me a line and i can email you what and when i can. Regards.

I have a working version of GX but you still need a SC-09 ect.

Change it

Hi!

Maybe the best thing would be to change the PLC.... after all, next time something happens, you were the last one to touch it!!! So if you are going to support them, it has to be on something you know, right?
However, the F1/2 series are pretty straight forward to program (mitsu-style). The major difference from Fx (newer) is different "name areas" on IO, timers, STL, etc.
If you know mitsubishi, you know F2 also!

If you want to change the PLC, you can open the original program in Medoc, and select "change PLC" and the program will be converted to a selected PLC type. The only thing is that you have to define if there is a mismatch in old vs new instructions, names on devices etc. If it is basic logic, you shouldn't have any problem.

When it comes to the EEPROM, when inserted in the PLC, the EEPROM just replaces the PLC memory. So if the EEPROM is inserted, you will work on that memory when you're programming with the computer (remember to turn off writeprotect (dipswitch))!

When you're using a new computer to program the old plc's, you should set a timeout in MEDOC (to not get com-errors while downloading). This is done by writing "T" and timeout-time in seconds after the MEDOC.EXE command to start Medoc.
Example, timeout 5 sec: "C:\MEDOC\MEDOC.EXE T5"

Hope this helped!
And have some faith in those old plc's! They are ok when you get to know them!
Support (spares) will soon be a serious problem regarding these things...... You have to go to the museum to get parts!

NorthControl,

Now you've done it!!! This thing took a turd and finally died over the weekend.

I'd much rather just pop the prom out of it and replace it with the same model. I dont have a programmer and the things 300+ miles to the north. But, from talking to the tech on the site it seems that there's a few bad inputs.

So if anybody has a line on them plese let me know. This is what we need:

PLC: F260MRUA1
Exp: F220ERUA1
I'd like to replace the expansion ribbon cable also.

BTW, I've check with PLC center, & Ebay but no luck.

Thanks.

Questions:

1) Who distributes Shihlin PLCs in the U.S. or North America?
I understand that Shihlin may still be making a direct knockoff of the F2 series.

2) Are the terminal strips on the F2 removable, or does the tech need to de-wire each terminal to remove the unit for repair or replacement?

I'm hoping to repair or replace this thing rather then re-programming and retrofitting a different brand/model.

Thanks.

Alive?

Elevmike,

thought this issue were closed.....:rolleyes:

1 What is shihlin

2 Are there spare inputs? Then i would recommend moving the inputs rather than finding a new plc. (If you find one, it will be very easy to change due to the EEPROM)
Did the tech's check the led's on the input to see if the inputs were working?

NorthControl,

Way too funny, this went down like the day after my "this issue is closed" post. The thread was origionally about making some program changes, but I got around that with hardwiring.

Thanks for the links but the unit is a F2-60.

Panic, I dont disagree, but it would be a LOT faster & less expensive to replace the unit, if one could be had.

I'm pretty certain that it's a bad input (110ac), becasue some of the outputs go on when they should, but not all. Knowing the logic behind it im pretty sure (99.999%) there's a bad input.

Changing the input to a spare is out, 1)I'm not looking forward to making the drive; 2)I'd have to find a programming gizmo etc... There's only 2 spares and If theres three bad inputs it'll be all for nothing.

Thanks, Mike

The terminals are removable.

For a second I thought I was going to be your savior. I have a couple of F2-60MRs, but mine have 24vdc inputs.:(

Good Luck-
Kevin