ML1400 High Speed Output

junior

I’m trying to figure out if you can use the high speed output on a micrologix1400 to simulate an engine crank sensor. The crank sensor on an engine will give 60 pulses/rev minus 2 pulses. This means that there will be 58 pulses generated, but they will be spaced apart as if 60 pulses were generated. I would have a desired RPM as an input and the high speed output would generated the pulses accordingly (ie. If I desire 600 rpm, the pulses will be generated at a frequency of 10 Hz, if I desire 6000 rpm, the pulses will be generated at 100 Hz)

I’ve looked through the manual at the PTO function and I think I could use this, but what I don’t know is how to eliminate the 2 pulses as on the engine crank signal. Any suggestions?

TIA
Jr.

I'm wondering if I would I be able to use STI to break up the pulses and then restart the high speed output generation? Can STI work on such a fast timing?