modbus via adam-4520 converter

phinix

hello experts ,

I am having a hard time communicating with a serial device, using a adam-4520 rs485 to rs232 converter ,by opc modbus server ,on my laptop

Any information can help !!

I use the Adam 4520 all the time between PLCs and devices without any problems at all.

Suggest you check your comms settings and make sure you have a 120 ohm terminating resistor at each end of the RS485 line.

Also make sure you are using a standard RS232 serial cable from your computer to the 4520.

You can check your communications using Modscan software from the computer to the device. It is easy to find by doing a web search for "Modscan".

problem Solved

Funny , But the Problem Was, The Laptop I Used Was On Battery , And when So The Com1 Is Disabled .