More FTVME Questions/Problems

Bering C Sparky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Again,

I posted earlier in a different thread where I was having some FTVME problems.
I thought I had this all straitened out but this seems to want to give me fits at every turn today.

I Transfered a FTVME 5.10 Application into a laptop that is running FTVME 6.10.

After making all my new additions to the project I try to create a runtime application as 6.10, but get error message:
Unable to Save RSLinx Enterprise Data Server Info.
It then asks if you want to continue, say no and it closes say yes and it gives pop up error saying:
Validation Compleated w/errors, Runtime Application not Created.

If I try to make the application as version 5.10 then it says that the compactlogix controller that I have added to the party is not compatible with this version.

If I make the appication as version 6.00 then it creates the runtime no problem.

Then I go to transfer/download to the PV+1000.
I get Error message that firmware versions are not compatible.

Two Questions please.

1) Why wont it let me make the runtime as 6.10 to start with.
2) What do I need to do to flash the firmware of the PV+ to something that I can download this app to it and be done with it. And how to do this?

I have been awake for over 24 hours now and have at least 24 more to go after I finish this app before I can sleep. Starting to get slap happy.

I will continue to try to figure this out but any advise would be much appriciated.

Thanks,
BCS

Starting to think I got black listed on the forum??

Well after some research it looks like my panelview Cat# 2711 P-RDT10C B only has firmware updates to version 5.10.16.

The lowest runtime my laptop allows me to make is 6.00 using the compactlogix L24ER QBFC1B that I am trying to add.

So am I at an impass here or is there a work around.
Or am I just so tired right now I dont see the forest because of the trees?

BCS

BCS, you can create .mer in any version by selecting version before creating mer file.
the 6.1 will default to 6.1 but look at the type and select 5.1 or 5.0. Then create runtime.

Thanks for the reply.
I have done that several times but as I said in post # 1

If I try to make the application as version 5.10 then it says that the compactlogix controller that I have added to the party is not compatible with this version.

I will try it again though and see what happens.

BCS

You need to update the firmware in the PV+ to match the runtime you successfully created. I recommend doing this on an isolated or very solid network (laptop and one cable if possible) or by using a memory card. It has been a few years since I was forced to program in FCTMeView Studio, but I do remember wasting too much time over Ethernet once with a firmware update and then doing it much easier with a memory card the next time.

Google'd this:
http://www.theautomationblog.com/fl...-6-firmware-using-a-memory-card-step-by-step/

It looks like a pretty good guide.

Last edited:
Hey Guys thanks for the replys,

On Rockwells site it looks to me as if 5.10.16 is the highest firmware avalible for this panelview.

I did just go back and create the runtime again as 5.10 and I did get the error message again but the runtime was created and I did get it to download to the PV.

Been up way to long and seeing double, was a cant see the forest for all the trees senario.

I have seen so many error pop up in the past 12 hours they are all starting to look alike.

Thanks a bunch guys I do appriciate your input, going to test it out now but looks like it loaded ok as 5.10

BCS

True that, Okie Einstein.

PV is working good now so moving on to the next problem.

The start of this season has been something else.
Working crazy hours to keep up with the breakdowns and fishing (yellow fin) has been very bad, just like the weather.

Divided crew share pay by hours worked and it came out to be less than $5.00 per hour.

Pulling into Dutch Now to offload. Cant wait to start Fishing Pollock and make some real $$$ before I go broke and insane all at the same time.

BCS