Multiple Fanuc Robots working together question

Nan

Hi,

I have question with multiple fanuc robot working together.

The robots are going to work on stations which located on a track. Each time when track stops, the robots are going to work on the stations.

The robots have different assignments, for painting, for cleaning, for removing the part and so on.

My question is how can I continue the cycle after there is a esttop or auto stop happend, because some of the robot assigment is recoverable, some are not. What is the best solustion for this type of control?

The fanuc robot is going to use UOP and PNS.

Thank you

It's been ten years since I worked on Fanucs so bear with me:
1 - I think you have to treat process/auto stops and E-stops differently. In the first, the robot can be paused and then restarted by a "Breaks over" button. I don't think this can be done on an e-stop.
2 - Are there interference zones? I thinks that's Fanuc-speak for robots sharing the same space at different times. Restarts can be tricky.
Have you set your programs up such that last position/state is saved to a non-volatile register (not reset to zero on e-stop).If so, this info can be reloaded on program restart and confirmed good BEFORE allowing robot movement. Any movements should be at a greatly reduced speed - say 10% of normal - and then each robot paused until all are at known, programmed positions.

Thank you very much for reply!

Luckily, the robots in this project does not have interference zones. But thank you for your advice!

For process stop and auto stop, I am thinking that I should let the robot which working on a assignment that can be recover resume, and send the none revolvable assignment robot home. I should probably send all robot home before starts run again if there is estop button pushed.

Probably a UDT for each station to record the status of each stations.