multiple popups

emmalfal

I am using factorytalk SE and i am doing a project where i call up a popup and reference a parameter file to corrispond with the tags i want, this works fine except if i select more than one motor at a time without closing the previous one i have multiple popups that i have to close on at a time. Is there a way to get them all to close at the same time? It is the same popup being used for all the motors, for hand, off, auto functions. My display settings for the popup are: (under properties tab) Display type- on top, Cache After Displaying- no, Show last acquired value.
to close the popup i am using a button with (under the action tab) release action abort Popup (popup being the name of my popup display)
Any help that is offered would be greatly appreciated!!

How do YOU want it to work? Are you saying that your multiple popups are for different motors on the screen?

I have 7 motors that all use the same popup but when i select the motor it brings up the popup with the parameters for that motor. if i select say motor 1 i get a popup, now i select motor 2 without closing motor ones popup i now have popup for motot 1 under motor 2's popup. if i close number 2's number 1's is there. I would like to be able to use the close button on the popup to close all instances of that popup that are open instead of doing them one at a time. if that makes sense?

As far as I know you have to closed your screen in order to setup new parameters, otherwise you must use seven different screen one for each motor. Please correct me if i´m wrong.

no, actually when i select the motor i am calling the popup and loading the parameter tags from the parameter file i set up. so i can actually have 7 popups at the same time all with specific tags assigned to the seven different parameter files. i am just able to see the last one selected because the popup display setting is set for "on top" display type.

Try this:
Open the graphic for your popup in FTView Studio.
Right click on it anywhere, and click on VBA Code.
Go the the VBA Code window, and add the following:
Code:
Private Sub Display_Deactivate()

UnloadDisplay "whatever_your_display_name_is.gfx"

End Sub

This will cause the popup to be closed, anytime focus is shifted away from it (as when moving to the underlying main display to open another popup).