Network Cable Tester

Bolatov

Hello guys, I had a problem in a local network where I have a lot of devices to a Stratix 8000 administrable Switch and this one to a 1756-EN2TR.
Suddenly All the devices of the EN2TR were disconnecting for some minutes then reconnect. I review the port diagnostics and saw FCS Errors, so I changed an M12 to M12 ethernet cable thinking that it was damaged, and it started worked again, after 24 hours everything disconnected again and stoped like 20 minutes, my team mate change one of the cabinets M12 to RJ45 connectors and it started worked again, and then failed again after 12 hours.
I had to reset the stratix since no one knew the password and I saw a message of faulty cable, we keep changing stuff and in the weekend we changed 2 patch cables, 2 M12 to Rj45 and the M12 to M12 cables, everything new. What it bothers me is that I used a cheap tester and It says everything was ok, so what kind of cable testers do you use that could help me to find fast a faulty cable?
And when I change a cable how can I stress the network so the fault happends faster?

Thanks Guys

It might not be the cable, it could be one of the ports i.e. a poor connection or dry joint. It could be anywhere I don't know of a cable tester that would do what you want.

Are there any switches from other vendors on the network? Stratix always assume they are with kin so RSTP for example sometimes fights with other switch manufacturers signaling.
Worth knowing about.