nobody speaks SCHNEIDER

Bob,

For reasons of sentimental nostalgia (that I'm not going to divulge here) I'm sticking with the "Islands at the Edge of the World.. Just as an experiment pick up a decent sized globe sometime and make NZ the polarcentric point (ie at the center of the visible hemisphere) and you will see what I mean. 98% of the world lives on the other side to us.

Sorry but I'm totally unqualified to getting into a ****ing contest about which plonk is better on which side of the ditch. I stick faithfully on those rare occasions that I do drink, to a Kilkenny if it's a 🍺, or a any old shiraz under $20. (No class at all :oops: eh)

Great stuff eh?

any old shiraz under $20. (No class at all :oops: eh)

The missus just bought me 12 bottles of Yalumba Octavius. You do not want to know what that cost!!

Spoilt very badly and obviously worth it!!

Between us we beat the heck out of the French eh? (Good wine). With your recent experiences that must be a big plus!!!

Hi

I am trainee in the automation field and the first two months have been on schneider products only. Also, Modicon (PLC HISTORY) is with schneider.

Also, I recently attended a seminar for Schneider's UNITY PLC programming software and i think it will rock the industry.I also find schenider technical support in the UK very good.

All in All, the older generation speaks allen bradley, siemens which the new generation is speking SCHNEIDER.

I walked away from a $1 million job in Sydney due to the consultant - an academic electrical engineer. Got sick of "head bashing". A software man, Eberle fan, (no electrical experience) took on the job with someone else. The spec called for hot standby PLC's. I offered Omron CS1 dual redundant. This guy offered TSX Premium warm standby and got the job over several others after I pulled out. Of course they were a lot cheaper. Apparently, the TSX Premiums are sitting in the corner of the workshop and everyone glares at them occassionally.

Says it all I think!!! Will have to give him a phone call and see how they are going. (Sarcasm???)

So thats what happened to that Job....That little fat ******* eberle lover, i remember quoting that job with Omron PLC's to ya Bob before i left my prevous employ and started my own company...Stinks the same as the number 1 martin place job over again does it not mate...He was involved in that also as i recall. That sneaky little blighter would not look at the CJ in the same config as the TSX...

Jai Chainani,

I have heard that over and over from many vendors. And I, like others, feel that the Schneider stuff has some decent qualities, BUT, and the key word is BUT, they will fail simply because of their disjointed marketing approach.

Too bad, they have some nice stuff.

David

Its a pity that Schneiders marketing is up to scratch in the US. I Use Modicon plc's alot and find the software very user friendly. The new M340 series is out now and is light years ahead of siemens at least(dont know other products that well). Just example, the M340 (replacing the Micro) uses unity processors, thats M340, Premium and Quantem on 1 software. You get 96 channel cards now......siemens just released their 64 channel cards which the micro had for about 8 years.
But like some people said, different horses for different courses

only saw that after I pasted a reply...hehehe. Then some1 else posted...and a chain reaction.
No i dont but just like their products. Sorry for bringing this up again

Hi

I am alive again, and no I work with the new software schneider "unity" with remote IO on "Ethernet fiedbus"

bye

Last time I tried to add a timer to a rung during a training session, the trainer said doing this will cause the PLC to go in stop. And it did......not much experience with schneider yet.

Does that still happen with the 'new' software?

You can put it timers in run. IT is just that you cant change the type of timer in run. The french do this for safety reason.

it is the new software of schneider, that permits to program in object structure, in structured items and in unlocalized addresses. Very greedy for memory, and to the price that schneider sells them....