Number of Counts over Time Window

+1 - read the details of FLL carefully though; the length might refer to number of 16-bit words, so Length=40 for 20 DINTs.

2022-03-09_08h29_13.png

Ill run some tests, but it seems like the FLL will never write past the end of the the file.

In Logix Designer, a SINT is 1-byte, a INT is 2-bytes, DINT is 4-bytes.
Therefore, logically, a DINT[20] would take 20*4=LEN 80

2022-03-09_08h29_13.png

Turns out the FLL instruction is based on "Conversion"

If the source is a SINT and you are filling a DINT, it would take 4 SINTS to fill a DINT so LEN=4

If the source is a DINT (which any hard coded value is) then its a LEN=1 for each DINT in the array.

Also, -1 is all ones in a DINT, which I bet everyone already knew....

Similar Topics

I have a machine that cycles for about 15 seconds on and 5 seconds off continuously, the timing is controlled by cams. I want to add something...
Replies
Views
I am working on a project using a NB screen and NX1P2 PLC. I am having a really hard time getting a real number to properly translate through to...
Replies
Views
Complete noob here, using a Click C0-02DD1-D to run a test stand. Requirement is to turn on motor run for X seconds, turn off and dwell for X...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have this weird issue whenever I try to change the SNN from a Point IO Im missing the three ... dots to open the pop up and change it...
Replies
Views
I'm doing my first PanelView 5000 application with Logix View Designer v8, and am of course jumping in headfirst. One thing I don't find is a way...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom