Official letter to your PLC suppliers support.

It is hard to get the attention of a supplier to make improvements/new features, unless they can justify that it will generate new business ($$$$$) or protect existing business.
So unless a wish list comes with big users attached to it they usually do not get much thought.

Jesper, have a look at the Omron one at mrplc.com and it may give you some idea where Omron people are heading regarding improvements.

As I mentioned, it is working.

Bob, I checked the Omron threads on mrplc as per your suggestion. I see what you mean. Good that Omron is aware of the ones at mrplc. But I think that it is a bit too weak to "hope" that the supplier discovers the threads. I really prefer to send a real letter (you know, real paper, address, stamp - remember ?), as I think that it will have the most impact.

What I need now is input from you guys.

Hi Jesper

What has happened over this is a lot of Omron employees and distributors visit there. They actually got Omron to have a look - not the users. The users did help of course.

I guess what you need is to get someone from high up in Siemens to get their corporate fingers out and do something. I do not know how you can do this but we really did not have a lot of problems with Omron as the whole thing was pushed internally and by the distributors.

Siemens appear to want to do things their own way - typical - and they may or may not want to know about it.

Good luck with the endeavour by the way - if they do not want to know they are really stupid. I am surprised some Siemens person has not been here helping you.

The biggest thing I see about that thread is that it was positive and constructive. If a thread is started and it's just a bunch of users ranting then no one will listen.

Really that goes for many threads. I know of other threads that have lead to improvements by several manufacturers. They just haven't got publicized like this one

OK, now I have started two threads where members can post suggestions.
So dont hold back, dont be shy, speak now or shut up later !

I suggest that if a member feel really proficient in other products from other suppliers, then do the same and be the "moderator" of similar threads.