Old Programs - New Owner

However if you insist that he follows a strictly legal route. . .
No-no, I am pointing out how these things can showball into a legal nightmare, if the other party enforces their rights. I think it best not to put a challenge before the system. Why risk it for a small gain?

Probably no bad thing will happen in this case, but it is like a train wreck - once started, it can domino down the string of possibilities for a long time, with bad results for someone only wanting to make a little money off of an unexpected opportunity. Once started, the legal nightmare of courts, lawyers, evidence, and witnesses is hard to get stopped.

Last edited:
I have never heard of any law that gives a current employer any rights to work done for a previous employer.

I think I was making the point that "aiding and abetting" a competitor, even without compensation, would be frowned upon....

anyway, mae has discovered that his "backups", were just image files, and no use to company A. Hopefully he'll be glad his backup regime failed....

Last edited: