Omron CS1G-CPU43H

We Have the right cable but it will not recoginize the PLC After several Attemps.
You said this in an earlier post, but now you are saying that you do not have the correct cable? If indeed you do not have the correct cable, then this is the first place to start.

gtsuport this is the ADI panel that needs to be complete by the 30th Buttons336 is working on it. so we appreciate any help you or anyone of the guys can give

Sounds like a big problem for you, if still unable to get online.
As I stated, the cable is the first place to start, followed by the basics, is there power on the PLC, make sure nothing else is using your com port

Set up the driver for the correct com port. Set for Toolbus, auto detect and 115kB. Then use auto online and away you go.

Maybe open CX-P with no project, then use the auto-online feaute as mentioned above, if this works, this would indicate that you have a setting incorrect. Take a note of the settings, use them in your settings of your project file, and try again.

Connect to CS1g CPU43H

IF you are using the CX Programmer v5 or higher you will see a auto connect button on the Plc drop down menu, just make sure you are using the correct Com port.

If you open the cover on the plc there is a dip switch you can set to reset pheripiral port to default settings, after you have set the dip switch try using the auto online function on the PLC drop down menu.

we have connected and we have started to program. it's not so bad now that we have connected I guess it helps when you plug into the correct port and use the correct settings. I appreciate all of the help I don't know if I will need anymore help but I'm sure going to call on you guys if I do...

how can you use the output more than once. is this possible? automation direct uses an OROUT in order to use it more than once. I think we are having problems being able too (per buttons)

You will have to have parallel branches for each condition that you want the output to turn on for. I do not believe there is an instruction like AD's OrOut for Omron processors. See the example below. The first 2 rungs are using AD's orout instruction, the last rung with just the Out instruction. Both ways perform the same operation.

-|x1|-------(y1) (orout)
-|x2|--------(y1) (orout)

-|x1|--------(y1) (OUT)
|
|x2|--

Kenneth,

Matt is correct, you can program the same output multiple times in the program. You will get a warning when you compile the program, that the output has been used multiple times, but the program will run.

Also understand that the output will be updated to the status of the "last" state scanned in the program.

Hope this will help.

I have never used AD, but I prefer the method of an OP coil only being referenced once in an OP condition, and parallel conditions enabling the OP. Also is easier for trouble shooting, and can make the code a bit tidier.

Also understand that the output will be updated to the status of the "last" state scanned in the program.

Does AD handle this differently?

Scott,
AD has an instruction call OROUT. This output can be used multiple times at the end of rungs. If any of the rungs come true the output will turn on regardless of where it is located in the ladder.

Kenneth,

Scott brought up an excellent question. I checked the AD website. The OROUT instruction is unique.

The program in the Omron will not work the way you expect. With AD if any rung is energized, the output will be on. With most any other plc, the output will be set per the last scanned status in the program.

Scott's suggestion will solve the problem. Or, use internal output bits in the code, then parallel all associated bits to turn on the actual output.

Hope this will help.

kboggs said:
how can you use the output more than once. is this possible? automation direct uses an OROUT in order to use it more than once. I think we are having problems being able too (per buttons)

No problem, you can use it as many time as you want, if you want to duplicate the output, just use the same output bit address.