Omron output relay problem

Check PD022 for bent, missing, broken, or retracted pins.

You have connected an external 24VDC supply to the (DC 24V input terminals) of your PD022, and the PD022
POWER Indicator is ON, correct?

Last edited:
A belated Welcome to the Forum!

alphatargets said:
...At the moment I have just the CPU and the output module connected...

You haven't mentioned it and no one else has asked yet, but are you fitting a CJ1W-TER01 Terminating End Cover to the right of the Output module while you are testing? This must be fitted to terminate the bus.

Regards,
George

A belated Welcome to the Forum!

You haven't mentioned it and no one else has asked yet, but are you fitting a CJ1W-TER01 Terminating End Cover to the right of the Output module while you are testing? This must be fitted to terminate the bus.

Regards,
George

Hi Geospark, yes the end cover is fitted and I have tried a replacement just in case. The only thing that has not been replaced is the power supply, and I should be able to pick one up tomorrow

Solved

So in the end this whole thing was down to a faulty Omron CJ1W-PD022 power supply unit which was not providing the 24v required to power the coils of the relays.

Thanks to everyone for your time and contributions.

Wow! That is really rare! Have never had one fail although I do not use AC power supplies only ever DC with a separate switchmode to power the lot.

Rare indeed.
However I recently experienced one faulty CJ1W-PA202 AC power supply out of an order of 40 units. It was immediately exchanged by OMRON under a very efficient RMA system.(y)