Omron Syswin versus CX programmer

Hi everybody,

This is my first visit and my first post so I would just like to say, thanks for running an excellent and interesting site.

I am using CX-Programmer for the Omron CPM2A CPU and finding the documentatioon facility very poor. In the past I have used Syswin and that produces a much better looking output on paper for putting in the documentation. There is no mention of Syswin any more on the Omron UK web site, I presume its been discontinued ??

What I was wondering is, has anybody used a tool to convert backwards to Syswin to get a better outpout, or is there any other documentation facilities available for imrpoving the output that anybody knows of ?

The main issue is getting IO names to appear neatly under the contacts in ladder listing.

would really appreciate any feedback anybody could give

Regards

Roger Larcombe

I must say, this is mostly a non-issue these days: some places still require the program printout as a part of the documentation package, but this is a cry from the past, when plant people did not have laptops and used hand-held thingies instead.

Now, if the plant takes care of their PLCs, they have laptops and programming software; if they choose not to, they don't need the printout anyway.

I do print small portions of the program as a reference to re-type some code when copy-paste may not work well, but these are just isolated incidents and the neatness of the print does not matter that much.

Syswin is discontinued. You cannot take a program from programmer to syswin.

Under tools and in the print page setup, you can get just about everyting to show on the screen and print it.

The info you can display on the screen and print is quite extensive but you have to tell cxp to turn it on.