On the look-out for a REALLY simple installer freeware.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

I have to create an easy to use installation routine for my end-users. What I need is very simple.
  • Copying some files and folders from an install CD onto a target PC.
  • Registering a few ocx files.
  • creating some entries in the Windows Start Menu.
  • creating some shortcuts on the desktop.
I could easily do the first two in a batch file. The last I dont know.
So I am on the lookout for some v-e-r-y easy to use and f-r-e-e software installer packages.
I have looked, but it is a jungle out there.
Anyone ?

Just gave this one a try:
http://www.createinstall.com/
It is exactly what I am after. There is merely a very discrete text in the footer of the generated installer that says its is a freeware version - no blatant adware. It costs a very reasonable 69 USD to get rid of this text, a sum I might well decide to pay.