OT: Bluetooth Headsets for Industrial Use

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hey Guys,

I'm on an assignment where I have to spend several hours on the phone with an offsite technician while being online with a host of CLX L61 processors testing data collection.

I've never been a headset guy, but since I have to be on the phone and programming at the same time, I need to be hands-free. Since I'm going to be on the factory floor near loud machinery, I need to have decent noise-cancellation.

I started out with a Motorola H720, and it was pretty noisy on the other end. I switched to a Jabra, and it was worse. Now I'm rocking this guy, which is supposed to be the best you can get for clearing background noise, but it is still hard for the other person to hear.

What do you SI guys use? I figure this has to be a common need, and hopefully someone has found a good solution.

Thanks all.

Dustin

🍻

Best solution I can suggest is a neck/throat microphone. Being on a HAZMAT team at our plant, we use them during our training often in a very loud engine room with several scroll compressors running full throttle. The reception is perfect. I don’t have a brand name for you as I don’t have access to the gear, however I have a yearly refresher coming up on the 28th I could get the info for you. Here is a snapshot of what the device looks like.
earkit_throat_microphone_system_1.jpg

Last edited:
Best solution I can suggest is a neck/throat microphone. Being on a HAZMAT team at our plant, we use them during our training often in a very loud engine room with several scroll compressors running full throttle. The reception is perfect. I don’t have a brand name for you as I don’t have access to the gear, however I have a yearly refresher coming up on the 28th I could get the info for you. Here is a snapshot of what the device looks like.
earkit_throat_microphone_system_1.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_5dv7652yz6_b

Thanks for the suggestions. I might have to give the throat mic a try. Hadn't even looked into that. Plus it's cool to look like a secret service agent or black ops :ROFLMAO:

The Bose is great for filtering out the low-hz stuff, but a good deal of the clanging and banging comes through. The audio on my end is excellent.
I'll have to decide if the need is going to be frequent or long-term enough to warrant a throat mic