OT, but On Topic

I would say that 9/2 is about £5.50 assuming you bet £1...

clearly you got redirected here from Coral site, lol.

There's been a few submissions on here considering that 9/2 was a date...

Context is important.....

/ is a universally accepted symbol for Divide when the "dot above a line above a dot" symbol isn't available in the graphic set or font.

/ is also a common separator for the digits in a date, although dates are usually (mostly, commonly, &c) expressed as 3 sets of numbers... 9/2/2013 is immediately recognised by most as a date, whereas 9/2 is only a partial date, and therefore "best fit" (to me at least), is 9 divided by 2

It has, of course, been entertaining and enlightening to see the multitude of responses.

Some would say that maths is fun....

My original question wasn't "trivial" at all. One PLC manufacturer has progressed to using the "Round-To-Even" method in their newest platform, making it incompatible with their "older", but still used machines. And there's very little documentation or explanation of the differences.

I can think of a few programs written for PLC2, PLC3, PLC5, PLC5/250, and SLC projects I've worked on where rounding up at x.5 was relied upon. Conversion of these programs to Logix5000 is going to throw spanners, some of them are going go into the works and cause problems - just sayin'.

Not enough, thats how many hours I put into an hour, so what does it matter, you pay taxes and then die.

Charging per hour, if you do 1.000000000001 hours, that's 2. It's in the small print "...or any part of...".

That gives you nearly a whole hour to go spend the monies they've paid you, which of course means you pay more taxes. Dunno about the dieing though, my accountant hasn't accounted for that !! :)