OT: Strangest Spouse Call

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any of you guys have a wife that has called you with a bizzare call while you were out of town?

Two weeks ago I received a call from my darling, that our home PC had finally crashed for good.

In my brief intervals home I had been transferring data from the old home PC to the new PC.

My darling informed me that the old home PC had crashed and that our youngest child needed the PC for a school project. I told my darling that i cannot do anything as am I out of town, so it will have to wait until I get home.

At that point, my darling stated " I better email the teacher our child cannot do the project.."

and I replied " with what?"

I have a NAS on my home network that we have our life on. I keep a backup at home and offsite at a relatives house. I copy all files to a external HD for backup.

When i was out of town for a month my wife decided she was going to be nice and perform a backup for me since she had added a lot of pictures and wanted to protect them.

She calls me on the job site and says that i have the instructions written down wrong or the backup software is not working so i asked if the network status light was working and she said no because the NAS box was not plugged in.

Me "baby it needs power for the computer to be able to connect to it"

Her "shut up laughing at me. I was just trying to be helpful"

Me " Of couse. Thank you Dear".

Well, I had only been there a couple of weeks. In retrospect, the news was probably the result of the fact that I was going to be there from the day after Thanksgiving till the day before Christmas Eve. :whistle:

middle of summer i got a call "There are bee's in the wood fire, if i open the door on the fire they come into the house"

ok

1. its summer, you dont need to light the fire
2. shut the door and they cant come in the house

I was forced to work a strike in a different state. Another whole story. My wife was 36 weeks pregnant with our second. The second day of work she goes to the doctor and is told they will not stop her if she goes into labor. I finished that week and both plant managers agreed that I could go home and offer phone support. I had never been to that plant before so I agreed to it. What help would I be?

I used to have a hole dug and covered with a sheet of plywood down by the barn...it seemed like every time I would go out of town(every week back then) a sheep would die or get stuck in a fence, and in the pre-cell phone world, my beeper would go off with a 911 from home...the beeper number was 843-7734..:site:..o_O

Every time I travel out of town one of my daughters gets sick( I got 3 daughters), so i told my wife that I´m going to take a picture natural size and leave it at home just to make them believe that I´m still there.

Working a job in Mississippi (home base Maryland) when my customer contact comes running over to me with a very strange look on his face.
"Your sister called; you're a new Dad".
Apparently my third child just couldn't wait.
Startup was in final testing, and I left early.......
I think my toolbag is STILL there.

(Pre mobile phone days)
Work Reception: Can you call your wife?
Me: OK
Me: Whats wrong?
Wife: i think the guinea pig is dead.
Me: What do you want me to do?
Wife: Come home.
Me: Why? It's not going anywhere!

We live with well water and septic (no sump or basement drain). I was out of town working and got a call from home:

Me: How are..
Her: Quick! Where's the main shutoff valve for the water to the house!
Me: Beside the water softener. What's happeni...
Her: Thanks! Bye! <click>
Me: ?????

Turns out the dishwasher float switch stuck and water was pouring out the front. We needed a new dishwasher anyway.