TIA Portal v18: Function call has Two returns - why?

Mas01

I created this FC and it compiles, but when I use it in my MAIN OB1, it appears to have two outputs. See pictures.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

function - one ouput.png function - two returns - why.png

Now you understand a function versus a function block, it has a return parameter this is standard & it's symbol is the name of the function.
Function blocks do not return value(s) by default you add OUT or IN/OUT pins.

Now you understand a function versus a function block, it has a return parameter this is standard & it's symbol is the name of the function.
Function blocks do not return value(s) by default you add OUT or IN/OUT pins.

Yes mate, I think I'm starting to understand this now...famous last words.

I'd remove the "always true" tag from inside the FC, it's not needed.

Good practice for reusable FCs to not have any "global" tags referenced inside. Everything should be passed in from outside.

I'd remove the "always true" tag from inside the FC, it's not needed.

Good practice for reusable FCs to not have any "global" tags referenced inside. Everything should be passed in from outside.

Yes, thanks - I removed it after posting this question.
Good catch though.

On the Siemens programming courses they tell you repeatedly about this for IEC compliance. I gather you'll lose a lot of marks in the accreditation exam if you use non-compliant blocks in your code.

Furthermore you dont need that bit, and if you'll need in other functions you can just use constant 0 or 1 from TIA V17 (if I remember right)