OT: What is going on...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose there is not a simple answer...

khalil,
I appreciate your responce to my question, sorry but its probably more of a retorical question however... The only persons that could possibly understand this thinking are the ones responsible... The assumption that this is from the Al Qaeda, may be wrong, we may never know... I hope that this incident like others will make us stronger and closer with our neighbors.

PLucas said:
Even if our ol' friend Bin Laden and his cronies are behind todays terror attacks in London, I don't think that any of us are small minded enough to think that all Muslims/Arabs are terrorists and support this imbicile.
Bin Laden is David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite, or Ted Kazcynski with a bank roll. He's a power-mad dictator without a country to rule over.

If you're foolish enough to believe that he's on some tit-for-tat mission against western civilization, you're NUTS. He wants to rule over something, he doesn't care what or at what price. If you're drinking the Bin Laden Kool-Aid, you are a desparate soul with no direction in life.

I you think the "average" US/Euro citizen should be punished for their "involvement" in your plight, you're blaming butterflies for a hurricane. You have choice as to whether you want to be "Westernized." You can accept new ideas, reject them, or ignore them. Your neighbors are allowed to make the same choice for themselves. And, if you'd stop beating up on your neighbors for making the "wrong" choice, we wouldn't have to come over and kick your a$$.

AIN'T FREEDOM GRAND?

AK

You are all grown men acting like children.

Unregistered, you have a need to comment without a face, er identity? Then to bicker on without an identity? This is why we have war. People unable to communicate ideas without taking things to a personal level.

Okay, now that I have said that, I will get off my soapbox and tell you what I think.

If it were only as simple as someone performing such an act in the name of religious ideas. Has any religion made it through the ages without some fanaticism? The simple answer is no. Roman Catholicism, Christianity, and Muslim all have terrible occurances in their history. There is more to this than a religious idea. It has the Human Touch. This was perpetrated by a human being(s) with no regard for life. IT seems directed at the haves from the have nots. A grab for power whether the perpetrators will admit or not. Only when humans live with the intent of love and understanding of each other(this goes to helping each other in need or giving without expectation) instead of the everyone for themselves mentality that prevails in the world today, will there ever be true change.

My condolences go all to all touched by this tragic event. And I will pray for them in this time of need. I hope that all of you will be able to do the same.

And Daniel, I understand your frustration. I know that it is wrong to think, but I have to admit, some who have mention things like let's 'glass the place and start over, did cross my mind. Enough innocent blood on both sides has been spilled. Unfortunately, I do not believe things will stop any time soon or even in my life time. That is a shame too, this could be a beautiful time to live in historically.

David

P.S. guys, sometimes I ramble.

To all,

the first objective in starting any conflict is to divide the parties into two distinct camps: “them” and “us” ... the terrorists are well aware of this fact ...

and so the terrorists are trying to define a struggle between Muslims (“us” from their point of view) and Christians, Jews, and ALL others of the world (“them” as far as the terrorists are concerned) ...

the only solution to the problem is for the sane people of the world to emphatically reject the terrorists’ definition of the conflict ... specifically, we need to redefine the struggle into terms of the “good” people of the world (the good among the Muslims, the good among the Christians, the good among the Jews, etc.) against the “bad” people of the world (the terrorists) ...

surely there are vast numbers of “good” Muslims in the world ... the day that we see those vast numbers of good Muslims taking to the streets in protest, publicly denouncing these barbaric acts which are being carried out in “their” name, then that is the day that will mark the beginning of the end of this particular nightmare ...

until that day comes, the young and impressionable people of the world will continue to hear only one voice enlisting them in a cause which pits “them” against the “others” ... the greatest problem, my friends, is not the terrorists of today... it is the terrorists of the next generation ...

may I suggest that we all think very carefully about how we conduct ourselves as we discuss this issue ... the terrorists prefer that we fall into their definitions of “them” and “us” ... we can do much better than that ... the opposing camps in this unwelcome struggle should be (MUST be) defined simply as the “good” (regardless of race, creed, nationality, or religion) versus the “bad” ... once that step has been done, then (and only then) can we ALL get on with winning this conflict ...

division is one of our enemy’s most powerful tactics ... but it only works if we let it ...

In reality religion has very little to do with it, despite all of the rhetoric. Osama has as much to do with the Prophet as the IRA has to do with the Pope.

This thread started as an expression of sympathy for those who were hurt today. Khalil captured the spirit perfectly. The rest of us, please keep attacks and chest beating out of it.

Someone must have removed unregistered post from here..just as well..I don't thin i could have kept my cool if i read them..
I grew up in England and still remember "Bomb" drills..Not fire drills like normal people are supposed to practice.. What the terrorist seem to forget is we have been there, done that AND Kicked *** in the end..Hitler figured he could demoralize us by bombing the **** out London night after night..What did we do? Got up in morning and went to work..
We also have had to live with the IRA for god knows how many years..and we prevailed and the IRA have now realized talking about ti is better that shooting over it..

So let it be said and Tony said it perfectly today..We will prevail..They will not..

I thank God none of my friends were hurt or killed today and i pray to god for those that did..

D

Bombs & Brains

No one sane could understand What has happened and why. Many smarter have racked their brains about these people and there are many theories. Poverty, education (brain washing), there are a lot of books about these people. None I have read have reached the depravity that these brainless wonders in London have executed. My sympathy to all in London.

Bruce

darrenj said:
Someone must have removed unregistered post from here..just as well..I don't think i could have kept my cool if i read them..

Suffice it to say..Phil's on the ball. (y)

I am reminded of a quote that I carry with me at all times since I read it. It was in a Spiderman Comic that was published in response to the attack on the World Trade Center.

"The sane world will always be vulnerable to madmen because we cannot go where they go to conceive of such things."

The answer is never going to be blowing the other guy up. The only answer that will help us as a species survive is try and understand why such people are developed and prevent it from happening in the first place.

I am saddened for the people that will never be allowed to achieve their full potential due to senseless violence.

elevmike said:
Suffice it to say..Phil's on the ball. (y)
He pulled one of my posts, too.
I must've forgotten how frustrated I was with 9/11.

These terrorists have to realize that their "demands" will never be met. So, what's the ultimate point, really? They just enjoy killing people different from them, bottom line. There's no room in this world for that.

I know Great Britain is on the right page already, and we've got their back.

AK

Don't you wish that we could change the whole world and how it works by editing a couple rungs of logic and 'downloading'?

Well put Russ!

I often wondered in the work environment why we couldn't all just get along.

On a worldwide basis, I don't see it ever happening.

I was surprise to learn that during the last 100 years, there were a minimum of 40 wars going on at any given time.

I appreciate being sheltered out here in the cornfields.

best regards.....casey

akreel said:
He pulled one of my posts, too. --->snip

I pulled all argumentative posts by Fred (aka: Unregistered Guest) and the replies to them.
These are already difficult times and his 'pot stirring' is not welcome here...

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Phil Melore said:
Sorry for any inconvenience.
No apology necessary. I just wish that I still had a 50,000 watt transmitter at my disposal.

This wasn't "Fred" the IRC guy, was it? Where's he gone off to?

Status
Not open for further replies.