OT: What is going on...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a new "Pirate" transmitter is in store for Milwaukee?

A little RF and propagation note...

250 watts around 550kc will trans,it farther then 50,000watt up around 1600kc.

Do need a longer antenna. Lets see, a quarter wave length at 580kc is.....very long.

Could always base load the tallest building in Milwaukee.

Many pirates are on boats, a lot with old ham rigs around 7mc. Quarter wave antenna here is only 33'.

WIRL in Peoria, 5000 watts, directional up the Illinois river at night is regularly heard ALL over Europe.

Just picture it...The mighty PLC voice from beautiful downtown milwuakee, would not like to dedicate this song to all those wacko's who feel the need to infringe on the rights of others, now to post a poll to figure out the best song...

regards.....casey

Hi All

First I would like to express my condolence to the familys who lost their lovings.and wish full recovery to the injureds.

We are in Israel so familiar with this situation.1000 pepole who killed in the last 5 years and 10000 injureds are painful memory to what is terror and what is extreme Islam.
Europe grow them and now they pay for that.
Do not forget where 9/11 gruop started.
All our values(Democracy freedom Toleration) are tool for them to hit us.(we are the unbeliever they are the "saints")
Behind the cover of the freedom of cult hiding system which preach aginst all what we blive.
If the free world will not come and hit them where ever they are . with zero tolerance .
The next time will be much painfull.
See how Israel fight them and see the price we pay
for our freedom.
I know this is not the last trrore attack.I know how is to be so frustrated when you stand before that.
4 years ago I was in the miltery reserve near one of thier cityes,Friday night about 11 pm we start to here shoting,at the begining we thought someone attck us.
after few min we hered thet terror attack was in Tel-Aviv 22 teenagers was killied ,I dont know how meny injueds was.
We ware waching and see them going out to the street and shoting in the air "Happy Day".
Just celebrating.
We were so frustrated,we could wiped them in a secound.We had evey thing to do so.
We had to hold our selves gnashed our teeth and remember we are not like them.
We are not animals.

All the best pepole of UK.

Bingo....

Bob O said:
If I had to guess which Fred it was, I would place my money on this Fred.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=13769&highlight=cad

Bob O.
BINGO, We have a winner!
"Fred Floggle"

I would also like to say thank you Phil, for pulling some of my posts... There were some statements I wanted to erase... It's no excuss, just a reason, I was (still am) very shocked by this whole situation...

Arik,
I feel terrible, after reading your post, this happens so often in Israel, that it is not concidered big news anymore (sorry)... My condolences to all the families that have lost loved ones, and the injured, phyically and emotionally... o_O

Last edited:
khalil

Since you and I coming form the same area in the world.
Do not be so naive.
In your country there is group just like that.
What they call them self "Party of God"
Who invent the human suicide bombs ?
The first suicide bombs was in Lebanon 1982.
Who finance this groups?
Iran ? Syria?
Both of us living in area where pepole life is not acount,Just look on the history of your country and my country in the last 30 years.

"We are not animals."

Every society believes that they are civilized. That they only resort to uncivilized behaviour when absolutely necessary.
It's easier to commit horendous acts when you have been convinced that the enemy is somewhat less than human. I'm not saying that you are generalizing about any one nationality/culture Arikby, but no man is an animal.
Through history men have de-humanized target groups for the purpose of commiting attrocities such as terrorist attacks.
The Nazis were able to convince ordinary Germans that the Jews deserved to be extinguished.
The Allies were able to convince their citizins that is was justified to fire bomb German civilians in the 10s of thousands and kill 100,000? Japanese civilians with nuclear bombs.
You can debate the effectiveness as a means to war but no-one can deny the inhumanity these acts portray.
We, in Canada, much like around the world de-humanized our native peoples so that killing and herding them onto unsustainable reservations was justified.
Maybe some of us are learning from the lessons of history.
Maybe I am just too removed from the agony that being indescrimatetly attacked allows me to authorize my government to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Arab, Jew, Palestinian, Londoner, I pray for us all.
Brian.

Personally I dont get it. I live and work in a area that hosts what is said to be the largest Arab, and third or fourth largest Jewish populations outside the middle east. It makes for a lot of Party Stores & Delis, but nobodys running around shooting or bombing each other here, (execpt the crackheads). I truly feel fortunate that I was raised in a area where diversity and tolarance is, for the most part, the norm. However this leaves me grasping at the unanswerable question: "WHY". Every answer I get I then still respond with "WHY".

Actually I hope I never do "get it".

None of us are immune!

I sympathize with your feelings, Mike, and I don't "get it" either. I feel compelled to say, though, that even though the US has much to be proud of, and perhaps we are more fortunate than many places in the normal level of tolerance, it behooves us to stay humble. We have our share of home grown horror as well.

Remember, the Oklahoma City bombing was perpetrated by a home grown terrorist.

The Klu Klux Klan was a home grown terrorist organization.

The McCarthy hearings were a form of home grown terrorist organization.

All of us have to be on guard to avoid hate while we battle for civilization!

Tom Jenkins said:
All of us have to be on guard to avoid hate while we battle for civilization!
Do you mean that if we all showed love to our neighbors, civilization would be better? I can agree to that.

hmmmm... where did I hear that before?

Hit the nail on the head...

RussB said:
Do you mean that if we all showed love to our neighbors, civilization would be better? I can agree to that.

hmmmm... where did I hear that before?
But, not just to show love to our neighbors, but to love them like we love ourselves... Not just semantics, most of us love ourselves with much more emphasis. :nodi:

Mike Tom

To "get it" you need to go back and understand the culture behind.
Culture who justified murder for family honor.
Culture who do circumcision in a grils.
Females are second class citizens.That is jusr sample.

Those pepopl who come to US or Canada.Must to fit to the local rules which aginst to their culture
Do they forget what they rais with ? God know.
Do they would change,Some of them dont.
That the ANIMELS who put the bombs in London.
They was locals.
That what they brought with them.

Do not be soft or naive pepole.They do not pley in your rules.
Weman children old people are part of the game.

Everyone dances around the issue to not step on anyone's toes in this PC climate we live in but the real issue is that religion is being used to fomment these ideas. If the Koran was not peppered with so many rules about how make war with your enemies, the terrorists would not have anything to use to get all the young men worked up about.

All religions are about making yourself different from everyone else to make you special. A few examples are Islamic women wear Hijabs, Hindu do not eat beef, Jews do not eat pork or shellfish, Christians and Jews are circumsized. All of these things differentiate each culture from another. They are all meant to seperate "Us" from "Them". The Islamic fundamentalists have taken it to the extreme. It is in the Koran that anyone that does not believe in the teachings of islam is an infidel and is marked for death.

2.The Cow said:
2.39. But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein.

3. The family of 'Imran said:
3.28. Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers.
The Table Spread said:
5.45. And We prescribed for them therein: The life for the life, and the eye for the eye, and the nose for the nose, and the ear for the ear, and the tooth for the tooth, and for wounds retaliation. But whoso forgoeth it (in the way of charity) it shall be expiation for him. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are wrong-doers.

It is passages like this (and many more) that allow a person like Osama to create hate and discontent against others.

Judeo-christianity is no different. Both the Old and new testement are riddled with negative messages that can be twisted.

Incase anyone is interested, this site details many of these things;

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

I realize that this post may be pulled, (I hope it isn't). Everyone needs a wake up call about how religion is used to foment hate.

I hope some day our world can get past all this and live in harmony with each other. I just do not see it happening soon.
Bob

ArikBY said:
Mike Tom

To "get it" you need to go back and understand the culture behind.
Culture who justified murder for family honor.
Culture who do circumcision in a grils.
Females are second class citizens.That is jusr sample.

Those pepopl who come to US or Canada.Must to fit to the local rules which aginst to their culture
Do they forget what they rais with ? God know.
Do they would change,Some of them dont.
That the ANIMELS who put the bombs in London.
They was locals.
That what they brought with them.

Do not be soft or naive pepole.They do not pley in your rules.
Weman children old people are part of the game.

Very well put Arik. I was having the same thoughts. Female circumcision has to be one of the most heinous crimes against a woman that I could thing of.

testsubject said:
They are all meant to seperate "Us" from "Them".
Bob
I believe most of what you say, but I think that the above has missed the underlying reason.
It is more about wanting to please the God or god that we believe in.
The real tragedy is that we can not agree on who this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.