panel view 1000

In this case, with a 1747-SCNR and ControlNet PanelView, you get access only to the ControlNet-Scheduled connection data.

The 1747-KFC15 would give you random access to any data table in the SLC-5/03. That's why the SCNR and KFC15 were often used together.

You might have access also to CIP Assembly objects; I'd have to look at that specifically.

In this case, with a 1747-SCNR and ControlNet PanelView, you get access only to the ControlNet-Scheduled connection data.

The 1747-KFC15 would give you random access to any data table in the SLC-5/03. That's why the SCNR and KFC15 were often used together.

You might have access also to CIP Assembly objects; I'd have to look at that specifically.

So where is the relationship between the B3 file in the PLC and the tags in the HMI established?

In the SLC-5/03, the 1747-SCNR is represented by a local slot Input and Output data area, as well as large chunks of "M1" and "M0" Module data that is transferred using Copy instructions.

Say the 1747-SCNR is in Slot 5. It uses the largest local I/O table size, which is 32 words, so you have the data memory:

I:5.0 through I:5.31
O:5.0 through O:5.31

And there's big buffers of "M1" memory for data that's Consumed by the 1747SCNR and therefore considered "input" data, and "M0" memory for data that's Produced by the 1747SCNR and therefore considered "Output" data.

If you're trying to connect a "B3:w/b" data table to the 1747-SCNR you're going to Copy or Move those words of data into or out of one of those memory areas. You can use the I and O data tables directly in your user program, but access to M0 and M1 should be done through COP instructions.

If you have a sample application, zip up the *.PBA, *.RSS and *.XC files and post them for comment and analysis.

In the SLC-5/03, the 1747-SCNR is represented by a local slot Input and Output data area, as well as large chunks of "M1" and "M0" Module data that is transferred using Copy instructions.

Say the 1747-SCNR is in Slot 5. It uses the largest local I/O table size, which is 32 words, so you have the data memory:

And there's big buffers of "M1" memory for data that's Consumed by the 1747SCNR and therefore considered "input" data, and "M0" memory for data that's Produced by the 1747SCNR and therefore considered "Output" data.

If you're trying to connect a "B3:w/b" data table to the 1747-SCNR you're going to Copy or Move those words of data into or out of one of those memory areas. You can use the I and O data tables directly in your user program, but access to M0 and M1 should be done through COP instructions.

If you have a sample application, zip up the *.PBA, *.RSS and *.XC files and post them for comment and analysis.

OK, I think understand the connection between the PLC and the SCNR, the B3 files I have established in the PLC for I/O with the Panelview will simply be moved to/from the M files in the ladder logic, or I could use the I and O data, or I guess I could even move the B3 files to/from the I and O data files. What I am not clear on is how the PanelView tags interface to the ControlNet/SCNR combination. If you could point me towards some documentation that will explain this I would be grateful as so far I have found nothing that covers the PanelView tags with ControlNet and the SCNR. I have included my files in a zip file but bear in mind this is very much a work in progress. If
you open the PBA you will see I have configured all my tags to reference the PLC B3 files which I am pretty sure is incorrect.

Last edited:

Alright, I am back on my project since I now have my 1784-PCC. After setting up the PCC, which went flawlessly, and downloading all the configurations I am getting two comms fault messages on the PanelView, 9021 and 9022. The manual I have downloaded only shows up to 9020. Any ideas before I attempt the AB tech line?

slc-5/03 and 1747-SCNR with ControlNet PV 550

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I landed here in search of a similar query. If any one can answer my doubt. I have a similar setup mentioned here. SLC, 1747-SCNR and a panelview 550 connected on a controlnet network. I am able to write data to Panelview but not able to read input (Screen status tag and function button info.) I wanted to change the existing setup by accessing screen status. the RPI/API in scheduled network is 20ms. I have configured input word in PV application and associated to screen status tag. Configured schedule network for 4 Input words and 25 Output Words. But when I copied M1 file to PLC, the PLC data is not updating with the screen no.

Thanks in advance.

buy communication module (1747kfc15) which has a rs232 port and control net port> "unsubcribed"
for the price of this you could most likely buy a c-more or red lion or other OI/HMI

Last edited:
Akumar,

I will be glad to pass along some of the knowledge I gained will working on this project. It might prove to be easier, if the moderators of this board do not mind, to handle this directly. As it has been awhile since I did this project I will have to review my notes to help. I can also pass along copies of my configuration and program files if you like. If you are still interested in assistance with this endeavor please let me know.

David Adams

Akumar,

I will be glad to pass along some of the knowledge I gained will working on this project. It might prove to be easier, if the moderators of this board do not mind, to handle this directly. As it has been awhile since I did this project I will have to review my notes to help. I can also pass along copies of my configuration and program files if you like. If you are still interested in assistance with this endeavor please let me know.

David Adams
Hi David,

I am glad I found you. I will be interested to gain any knowledge on this for sure. What I observed is this unit PV550 which is shown as Read/Write Only in the connection name where as flexlogix cards are shown as exclusive owner. I do not understand the difference. My panel view is able to display all the data I sent (using copy instruction to M0 file). But inputs (like screen status, function key assigned tags etc..) are not updated in M1 file. Interestingly those values where I have created associated tags shows zer0 (0) and adresses which I have not assigned to any tags are showing -1. I have assigned these adresses in PV application as signed integer. I am copying only 4 words as Input (that is in my SLC program, I am copying, M1:7.0 (I have my 1747-SCNR card in slot 7) to N99:0 with length of 7. first 3 words are read correctly, in the scanlist Input 3 is assigned as Input for PV -length 4 word)
In data table N99, I am finding N99:3 & 4 are 0 and 5&6 are -1. In my PV application SI0:0 is assigned to a multistate function key and SI0:1 is assigned to Screen Status.

Any help/sharing of knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks.
Arunkumar

Akumar,

If you will provide me with your email address I will send copies of my files. Do you have a way to connect your developement computer to ControlNet? I found I had to use RSNetWorx ControlNet to configure the 1747-SCNR and it had to be done from the ControlNet port. I aquired a 1784-PCC PCMCIA card for my laptop to accomplish this task. My email address is [email protected] so you may contact me directly.

David Adams
Hi David,

I am glad I found you. I will be interested to gain any knowledge on this for sure. What I observed is this unit PV550 which is shown as Read/Write Only in the connection name where as flexlogix cards are shown as exclusive owner. I do not understand the difference. My panel view is able to display all the data I sent (using copy instruction to M0 file). But inputs (like screen status, function key assigned tags etc..) are not updated in M1 file. Interestingly those values where I have created associated tags shows zer0 (0) and adresses which I have not assigned to any tags are showing -1. I have assigned these adresses in PV application as signed integer. I am copying only 4 words as Input (that is in my SLC program, I am copying, M1:7.0 (I have my 1747-SCNR card in slot 7) to N99:0 with length of 7. first 3 words are read correctly, in the scanlist Input 3 is assigned as Input for PV -length 4 word)
In data table N99, I am finding N99:3 & 4 are 0 and 5&6 are -1. In my PV application SI0:0 is assigned to a multistate function key and SI0:1 is assigned to Screen Status.

Any help/sharing of knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks.
Arunkumar