Panelview 600 no comms

f16bmathis

So... Panelview 600 (2711-B6C9L1, SER B, REV K, FRN 4.21) I've turned off the printer port, has two ports, I've tried connecting to both using a cable I bought from the automation store. Cable is a USB to panel view cable USB-2711-NC13. Says it is a direct replacement.

USB port is 14 (also tried 2) used auto configure, tried manually at 19200. Never connects. I am supposed to see it in RSLinx right? Also, went into the panelviews comms and changed the NODES from a 2 to a 0, didn't work either.

I've also tried connecting using a USB adapter with a direct 9 pin din cable we have laying around.

Allen Bradley right!?

Thanks!

Last edited:
2711-B6C9L1 is a PanelView Standard terminal with DH-485 protocol over RS-232 terminal, with a printer port.

On the PV standard terminals with DH485, the printer port is solely for serial printing; it does not support upload/download like the printer/download ports on DH+/RIO/DeviceNet terminals.

These terminals can only be communicated with from a modern (later than XPSP2) computer using a 1747-UIC, which supports the DH485 protocol on both RS485 and RS232 wiring.

You cannot use an ordinary serial converter; those don't work with the DH485 protocol.

The easiest way to upload/download from this terminal would be to get a CompactFlash card (under 2 GB, so it can be formatted FAT16) with a PCMCIA Type II carrier. I found mine in the bottom of my Ford's hatchback when I cleaned the car out yesterday to take it to the body shop.

2711-B6C9L1 is a PanelView Standard terminal with DH-485 protocol over RS-232 terminal, with a printer port.

On the PV standard terminals with DH485, the printer port is solely for serial printing; it does not support upload/download like the printer/download ports on DH+/RIO/DeviceNet terminals.

These terminals can only be communicated with from a modern (later than XPSP2) computer using a 1747-UIC, which supports the DH485 protocol on both RS485 and RS232 wiring.

You cannot use an ordinary serial converter; those don't work with the DH485 protocol.

The easiest way to upload/download from this terminal would be to get a CompactFlash card (under 2 GB, so it can be formatted FAT16) with a PCMCIA Type II carrier. I found mine in the bottom of my Ford's hatchback when I cleaned the car out yesterday to take it to the body shop.

OK, Thanks! I'll go find mine. It's hidden in a stack of old memory cards.