PanelView Performance no VNC?

Andrew Hardy

Hi All
I have just configured a new 2711P-T19C22DP - it needed firmware V12 which I (eventually) got installed, and got my application running.

I have to have remote access via the VNC server, but there is a couple of problems - 1 they have decided to change OS to something like Win10 (or 11?) and there is no check box to configure a password for the VNC server, and 2 whatever passwords I put in I just get an error "at least one of the passwords is invalid" there is no hint as to how many characters are needed etc. When I try to connect via a VNC viewer I get another error - the VNC server is not configured correctly.

Routeco, who we bought it from say go to Rockwell, but there's nothing I can find on the knowledge base etc. There's a manual for an earlier OS which says 7 characters, I tried that but it didn't work

Does anyone know what the correct format for passwords is?

Hi All
I have just configured a new 2711P-T19C22DP - it needed firmware V12 which I (eventually) got installed, and got my application running.

I have to have remote access via the VNC server, but there is a couple of problems - 1 they have decided to change OS to something like Win10 (or 11?) and there is no check box to configure a password for the VNC server, and 2 whatever passwords I put in I just get an error "at least one of the passwords is invalid" there is no hint as to how many characters are needed etc. When I try to connect via a VNC viewer I get another error - the VNC server is not configured correctly.

Routeco, who we bought it from say go to Rockwell, but there's nothing I can find on the knowledge base etc. There's a manual for an earlier OS which says 7 characters, I tried that but it didn't work

Does anyone know what the correct format for passwords is?
Update, I turned the "Ping response" on, and it worked (7 character password), turned the ping response off, and it stopped working.

Issue #1 - No check box to configure VNC
Correct, in the new O/S there is now a drop down list that when clicked/touched displays the View Only and Full Control password fields. One item I found odd is that unlike other password entry fields, these do not have you enter the password a second time for confirmation.

Issue #2 - Getting "At Least One of the Passwords is Invalid Message"
VNC is typically limited to a maximum of eight characters on any platform. I did see a note in Rockwell's documents that the password may be up to seven characters. So they may have limited it to seven instead of the usual eight. I have used a password with four characters. So there doesn't appear to be a minimum, only a maximum. But then again, I haven't tried using less than four characters. In older models, no password (blank password) was necessary for View Only connections. That is no longer true.

Once I have the password configured, my VNC client connects without issue. I have not found it necessary to enable Ping response to use VNC.

OG