panelview plus 400

RonB

I've used the migration tool to bring my project to our new panelview plus 400's. The problem I'm having is with the conversion. I get several errors and I can't find much in AB'S forums or in the forums here, or in the manual for that matter. What I have found I could really use some clarification to help me understand.

Screen 16 - Printed Film Setup 2: Cannot find block write start tag for pilot list selector at (89,14). The visible state connection will be unassigned.

(I realize that the problem sits on display 16 and it gives the x,y coordinates of the object, what I don't understand is that old pva program didn't have anything entered in the "block write start tag" field, why should the new program? Will this affect the programs operation?)

Cannot find block write start tag for pilot list selector at (89,14). The visible state connection will be unassigned.

(I realize that the problem sits on display 16 and it gives the x,y coordinates of the object, what I don't understand is that old pva program didn't have anything entered in the "block write start tag" field, why should the new program? Will this affect the programs operation?)

Just guessing, but was the conversion from a RIO unit?

Can you post the complete part numbers of the old and new hardware?

Also, RIO and DH+ support will end in July if this is the case...good idea to use ethernet or serial...

"block write start", sounds like a RIO config error. With the PV+ RIO is done totally different from what I understand. Remember, these are the same people who decided that alarms bit states must start with bit 1...so they trampled on the method used by the PV standard to keep up with BTW/BTR for RIO transfers.

It's possible that the tags giving you errors are the only ones that didn't fit in the discrete mapping.

All of this is moot if you aren't doing RIO though.

2711p-b4c3a ser d (panelview plus 400)
2711-k3a17l1x ser b (panelview 300)
the setup is from a micrologix 1500 using a df1 serial connection.