PanelView Problems

MaintMike

Recently we had a PanelView 1000 go out on us. Processor still working, thought it was just a bad back light.

We installed a new one and all went OK, but every now and then the screen gets jumpy. It is a 100-240VAC unit and the 120VAC looks OK.

Could an issue with the Ethernet connection cause this? (It is connected to a pair of SLC 500s through a Ethernet connections.

Any other thoughts?

Anything would help. Thanks in advance and may everyone on PLC.net have a good Holiday Season.

From your description, I'd say you're looking at a slow cascade of failures on the video board. First the high voltage supply for the backlight tubes, now something failing in the video driver circuitry.

The PV1000 was the most popular of the large PanelView Standard models, so there are a relatively large number of them available on the aftermarket, but RA isn't making parts for them anymore.

If it were my terminal, I'd be working on a conversion to PanelView Plus or planning a conversion to another hardware and software platform.

Hi,
I have seen many of these hmi screens fail in this fashion over the years. Screen eventually fails completely and this model is no longer supported by AB.

I would agree with Ken and begin a plan to convert the application to PV+ and upgrade the hmi.

Regards,
Donnacha