paramter download for simovert ac drive

mostafa65

Dear all
I need your help I replaced the cuvc card of simvert ac drive which is working in a profibus network. I'm trying to download the paramters from pc and drive monitor program , but I always have am essage no connection. I did the following
1- set the drive to factory setting
2- set p060 to 6 , then 21 appeared on the display
3- I connect the pc to the profibus
4- click EEprom on line
the buad rate is 9600 in both PC and the drive
but No connection
What is missing please , What is wromg .
help me

It isn't necessary to set P60 prior to conecting up, DriveMonitor should change it to download mode on its own.

The interface is standard RS232, can you get online to any other drives using DriveMonitor?

Nick

paramter download for simovert Ac drive

dear Nick
thank you , actually i use Siemens cable 6es7972-0cb20-0xa0.
Also my verisin of Drivemonitor is under Simatic manager.
I used the cable to access the CPU , and the accessing was ok.
for Drive I don't know what is missing.
Mostafa

Mostafa,

The Cable that you're using won't work with the drive directly; the cable is for MPI/DP connections. To make a direct connection from your PC to the drive you need a serial cable as shown in the attached picture (extract from the manual).

DM_Cable.jpg

It sounds like you have Drives ES installed which means you could access the drive over profibus (if it's profibus connected). To do this you would need to set the profibus address manualy in the new drive first P918.

Hope this helps,

Nick