Parker CTC P11-314DR

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are having a problem with slow communication between the HMI (Parker CTC P11-314DR) and a SLC 5/04 using DF1-Full Duplex.

This problem has existed "for years" according to one of my technicians.

I believe I have identified the problem which is a serial cable about 100' long with at least two sets of terminal blocks, one in the PLC panel, and another on the semi-portable machine.

But, I have a couple of questions about the Parker CTC HMI:

1. Machine Shop Software: I found a folder with all the setup files for the software stashed away on a shared drive. I installed it on my desktop. I can open the software, and open the project, but the New Project button is greyed out, and I can't see any of the project settings other than description. Am I missing a license or activation of some sort? Or are there other bits and pieces I need to install?

2. Serial port settings: Our SLC serial port is set as follows:
DF1 Full Duplex
19200 Baud
Parity NONE
Stop Bits 1
No Handshaking
BCC Error detection
Embedded Responses Enabled

Those last two items I am most concerned with. I am not sure if the OEM set it up that way to try to overcome the problems caused by having a serial cable that is about twice the recommended length, or if those are typical setttings used with this particular HMI.

Tomorrow, the machine will be down, and I will see what I can do to shorten the serial cable. The machine is running fine, but the response to/from the touchscreen is very slow and the screen is occasionally populated with "!" where values should appear.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

I do not know why the New Project button is grayed out. Interact does have a license key. I ran Interact without the key (1 hour preview mode) and the button is still not grayed out. The Machine Shop toolbar does not require a key.

We use the same SLC5/04 communications settings that you listed. In our applications we noticed that the CTC/ABDH settings have an affect on communication speed. In Protocol we set:
Acquisition Rate - Constant
Timeout - 2
ASCII Terminator Character - 0
Maximum ASCII Length - 82

In Write Buffering we set:
Write Mode - No Wait
Write Buffer Size - 128

The project also has some settings. In the Panel List Setup -> Controls we check the Fast Panel Load box and set the Panel Load Priority at 75.

I think all these are the default settings.

As for the exclamation marks, I think those indicate a loss of communications. Or maybe that is what the question mark means.

Okay, so is Machine Shop just a transfer utility?

I apparently do not have Interact installed. I have a folder on a shared drive called INTERACT, but cannot find any setup or install programs within it.
CTC_000.JPG

CTC_001.JPG

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:
security key

how can I go to preview mode in ctc p2 power station because it needs the security key and application not running.
it gives message" the interact security device is not programmed to support this module/ driver
the module (AMM - GMM - PTM)

I’m not sure I understand your comment completely, but here are a couple ideas.

When you run Interact Development on your PC, if you do not have the license dongle attached to your PC, you get a pop-up window with the message “Key Security Setup System has not been loaded…” Click this recurring message until Interact starts – around 25 times – then click the preview button.

If you are referring to a message on the CTC P2 power station when you
turn it on, then you have license problem. The Alarm Management Module (AMM) requires a license key on the Power Station. If this is a new project, then you need to order the Power Station with the AMM license. If you are replacing a damaged Power Station, you need the AMM license on that replacement. If this is your situation, contact CTC-Parker or your distributor and see if the key can be moved from the damaged Power Station to the replacement Power Station.

security key

In the beginning there was a problem the touch not work after the problem of touch solved when I run the application give me this error (the interact security device is not programmed to support this module/ driver)