Photo Eye- PLC Integration

iahiii_2005

Hi All,
I am trying to achieve the following.
Basically there is photo eye that senses if the bag is present or not.
I have to use the photo eye's input to calculate a rate i,e bags/min and compare that to ideal rate and set a bit.

How would i go about doing that? I am trying to do this in SLC(RSLogix 500),any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i am trying to calulate downtime like this "
" Once the photo eye does not sense a consecutive bag pass for a designated minimum duration, line downtime will start to be measured and stop when a bag once again passes on the conveyor.

" Downtime measured will be cumulative for all BTs run on the line for the entire production day"

Thanks and i really appreciate it.

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

Here, this should give you some ideas to get you started.

A063008ABAGTIME.JPG

Another useful instruction for your task is the retentive timer, RTO.

Last edited:
iahiii_2005 said:
Hi All,

" Once the photo eye does not sense a consecutive bag pass for a designated minimum duration, line downtime will start to be measured and stop when a bag once again passes on the conveyor.

You have your logic right there. Its similar to what was just laid out. But lets think about.

Once the photo eye does not sense a consecutive bag pass for a designated minimum duration

So, that is

if photoeye is not made then start photo eye delay timer

which is (in AB speak)

xio photo_eye ton

line downtime will start to be measured and stop when a bag once again passes on the conveyor.

So this is,

If photo eye delay timer is done then start downtime accum. timer.

which is xic photo_eye/dn (this is the done bit) rto downtime_accum

Does that help? Thats the great thing about logic. Your english is half way to your code.

matt