PlantPax Global Object corrupting?

BillRobinson

I've been using the PlantPax add-ins for RSLogix5000/FTV and I've been having the ongoing problem of the supplied global objects going crazy on me. What's happening is that instances of global graphics are randomly distorting their size (see attached). What is really puzzling is that even though it is a global object, not all instances of that object doing this; the same object will be distorted on one page but ok in another. Anybody have an idea what's happening here? It has occurred on factory talk studio 5.10, running on xp via VMWare and also running on a xp via windows xp mode.

Bill, I've had that happen over and over again on every installation of FTView 5.10 and up. Some things grow, some shrink, all look normal (usually in studio), but then become corrupted on the client...

I do manually go back and edit, which fixes that, and usually corrupts something else. It seems once an element gets corrupted, it becomes worse every time you save a display in Studio. In one case, I had all my buttons on a display shrink to the size of one pixel. I deleted that display and re-loaded from a backup.

It's just some of the fun built into that pile of **** that is FTView. Rockwell should be paying US to use it.

Rockwell IT told me that there is a patch. Search for [FONT=&quot]66056 [/FONT]on their knowledgebase. Not sure if it works though.

I'm 100% behind your pile of **** comment. Man that product is bad. My favorite is VTS by trihedral, they are based out of Nova Scotia but have alot of installations in Southeast US and Atlantic Canada.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Rockwell IT told me that there is a patch. Search for [FONT=&quot]66056 [/FONT]on their knowledgebase. Not sure if it works though.

I'm 100% behind your pile of **** comment. Man that product is bad. My favorite is VTS by trihedral, they are based out of Nova Scotia but have alot of installations in Southeast US and Atlantic Canada.

I've installed that patch to no avail. It reduces how often the problem happens, but when it happens, it is even worse. I actually backed out that entire rollup, after running into many other additional problems, and not being able to isolate the patch that caused them.

For the most part, I've found that the 'patch roll ups' never seem to help, and only make things worse.

Last edited: