PLC and HMI access remotely

jairus

Dear Experts,

I have just finished commissioning my first project in S7-300 (CPU315-2 DP) and so far the palletizer is running good. and now my manager want me to access the PLC and HMI remotely if problem occur, even though I'm on my vacation. Can anybody pls. help me what hardware and software do i need to purchase to access the plc and hmi. I have searched this in google, and found ***** and simatic teleservice. Can you please give some idea.

any help is really appreciated... thank you so much...

If your cpu rack has no Ethernet then a Teleservice adapter would work if they have a phone line available that you could dial into. In my experience this is not the most reliable method and speeds are generally quite slow. It would be much better to add an Ethernet card and connect over the internet through a vpn at pretty much real time speeds if your customer has a network with internet access. Alternatively if they have a pc on site with internet access and the Step 7 software on it they could install Teamviewer or any other similar program and you can connect to their pc remotely over the internet.

***** is a good solution. Since the PLC has no ethernet, you can make a MPI connection to it. Your cliente must have ethernet and Internet.

If your cpu rack has no Ethernet then a Teleservice adapter would work if they have a phone line available that you could dial into. In my experience this is not the most reliable method and speeds are generally quite slow. It would be much better to add an Ethernet card and connect over the internet through a vpn at pretty much real time speeds if your customer has a network with internet access. Alternatively if they have a pc on site with internet access and the Step 7 software on it they could install Teamviewer or any other similar program and you can connect to their pc remotely over the internet.

ah! Teamviewer is a very low cost solution, to control a PC remotely, but it give a little hustle for our client to setup the pc in the site, i hope they will agree with it.

Thank you so much sir...

***** is a good solution. Since the PLC has no ethernet, you can make a MPI connection to it. Your cliente must have ethernet and Internet.

*****, i will make research more on it. If you can give me a link more about on it, that's really a great help...

Thank you so much sir...

*****, i will make research more on it. If you can give me a link more about on it, that's really a great help...

Thank you so much sir...

OK.

Google "*****" and open the PDF file.
I don´t know why, but it doesn't let me paste the correct link in here. ??

Last edited:
Secomea Sitemanager
www.secomea.com
Very easy to setup and uses web traffic so normally you dont have to even let IT know about this.
Also has serial,usb and ethernet ports. One ethernet port you use for the Company's internet connection.the other for your plc network. So the network is also split
3g also available if there is no internet at site

Secomea Sitemanager
www.secomea.com
Very easy to setup and uses web traffic so normally you dont have to even let IT know about this.
Also has serial,usb and ethernet ports. One ethernet port you use for the Company's internet connection.the other for your plc network. So the network is also split

Jairus has a PLC with only MPI/DP connection. Of course he can buy an ethernet card for the PLC €€€€

I would either install an ethernet interface (assuming you OP has ethernet) and look into using a direct VPN connection (talk to your IT people). I have used ***** and it is pretty good to, never had to install it myself tho.

Alternatively, you can install a local PC and install a SIMATIC package on there and just connect it on-line. TEAMVIEWER is one of the best products I have the pleasure of using almost daily.

Secomea Sitemanager
www.secomea.com

I will try to inquire this, but upon looking through their website, they don't have any distributor here in the middle east, if having any technicality issue i hope it's not that difficult to ask their support.

----Thank you so much for this info-----