PLC Control Possibilities

michalis95

Hello guys, how are you?

I have the following questions

1)I am wondering if I could create a webserver for my PLC, in which I would control it, something like RSview.

I currently have an Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1000 PLC, which is connected to a PC through serial. The PC will act as gateway PLC --> PC --> Web

2)I would like to control the PLC by software, preferably a small executable or command line.
Basically the concept is to switch an input on/off through voice recognition.

PLEASE no flaming or trolling

Anything is possible. You would have to build a project that will talk df1 and read and write to / from the PLC.

I know a guy who has a remote setup like this. He does a lot of remote monitoring and some control as well.

I'm working on something like that for a home-automation project using a Koyo Click PLC. I'm using a GridConnect Modbus RTU-to-TCP adapter to connect the PLC to a LAN. On the PC, I'm running an Apache server with PHP, and using the PhpModbus open-source package ( http://code.google.com/p/phpmodbus/ ) to talk to the PLC via Modbus TCP. One nice feature of this software configuration is the price: free!

The project is in a very early stage of development, but it can read and write individual registers in the PLC, so I can see the status of inputs and turn outputs on and off. I've also written a PHP function which translates a Click memory address to the corresponding Modbus address.

I've been posting my code and other project information in this thread on the Automation Direct customer forum:
http://forum.automationdirect.com/showthread.php?t=9438

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I haven't stated the following:
I am 15 years old and have a budget close to nothing (hooray!)
Plus I own an old AB Micrologix 1000 plc