PLC with LCD problems :(((

mark009

hi every one , i am doing my FYP and I use plc to control

i have many problems o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

let me explain the project

water tank with ultrasonic, as the water decrease in the tank the water flow out should decreases too (I'll use flow control valve to do that)

I want to show the info. on LCD screen (water flow rate, the water level on the tank, is the water increase or decrease?)

the problems are

1) how to make the PLC know if the water level increase or decreases?
2) how to show the info. on LCD ?
3) how to send the wanted output signal to the valve?

If you know any references please send it to me

thanks

I think it may be a good idea to hire someone who is familiar with your specific equipment, whatever that is then work with this person.

I dont have specific equipment! .. I am now studying the subject and look for answerS .. Or "keys" to help ME understanding ..

about screen I found on the Internet special screens for plc .. But I do not know THE way OF communication, and programming .. ALSO the rest of the questions I can not find any answerS

about screen I found on the Internet special screens for plc .. But I do not know THE way OF communication, and programming .. ALSO the rest of the questions I can not find any answerS
Are you buying the equipment that you will use or just doing this project on paper?

1) how to make the PLC know if the water level increase or decreases?
give it an analog input and compare the current level to the previous
2) how to show the info. on LCD ?
poll the data in the plc into the LCD(hmi)
3) how to send the wanted output signal to the valve?
use an analog output from the plc to the valve

However I must ask Final year of what?

If you know of any references, please send it to me.
Mark009, you need information on your specific equipment. Any information on equipment that YOU ARE NOT USING will not help, but only slow you down reading information that will be no help.

So, what equipment (which PLC, what PLC software, which LCD display screen, which ultrasonic level sensors) are you using?

Mark009, you need information on your specific equipment. Any information on equipment that YOU ARE NOT USING will not help, but only slow you down reading information that will be no help.

So, what equipment (which PLC, what PLC software, which LCD display screen, which ultrasonic level sensors) are you using?

I know that but I want to understand the theory,
I found a lot of info about the plc and how to control the analog input and output (ultrasonic and the flow valve)

the only thing that I cann't understand is the led screen

I read about LED matrix with microcontroller but I want use PLC >> if I use micocontroller to control the LED matrix how i can control it to show the info with plc ??

so the problem is how I make the plc talk with LED matrix to show the water level in the tank and the flow rate, ie to show the input and the output